Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

How to increase Dedicated VRAM in intel HD 520

Anshuman
Beginner

So i have bought my laptop and it has intel hd 520 in it. I have tried all the methods but still cant increase the dedicated vram. I have seen other people do it but somehow in my case nothing works. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, think of it this way: Your current VRAM dedication can be anywhere up to 50% of available DRAM. When needs increase, the dedication will be increased. When needs decrease, the dedication will be decreased. If you watch the dedication while playing a game, you should see it increasing and decreasing.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
This happens automatically, you don't need to do anything. Based upon current requirements, up to 50% of your DRAM could be allocated as VRAM.
If you have a game that won't play because it sees low VRAM number, this is a bug in the game; contact the game developers for a fix.
...S
0 Kudos
Anshuman
Beginner

So,  my dedicated video ram would be 50% of my vram or my vram would be 50% of my ram?

Also, i tried every method to increase the dedicated  vram. Nothing worked. Any reason as to why this is happening?

Driver- Intel HD Graphics 520

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, think of it this way: Your current VRAM dedication can be anywhere up to 50% of available DRAM. When needs increase, the dedication will be increased. When needs decrease, the dedication will be decreased. If you watch the dedication while playing a game, you should see it increasing and decreasing.

...S

0 Kudos
Alx24
New Contributor II

There is another option that is set in the BIOS (Intel NUC11PAHI5 U3a.jpg, U3b.jpg, U3c.jpg) present in Windows Task Manager

and video adapter properties (U1a.jpg - U1f.jpg). Early in the previous decade for Intel HD Graphics

it was 32-64 MB and has now quadrupled to 128-256 MB.

It is also present in Intel's "SSU" report.

Computer:
System Type:"x64-based PC"
- "Display"
Intel ® Graphics Driver Version:"Not Available"
- "Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics"...
Dedicated Video Memory:"Not Available"

Windows 11 Task Manager does not display "Dedicated Video Memory" (U1f.jpg), Windows 10 Build 1903 (Intel Compute Stick U2a-1903.jpg - U2b-1903.jpg) still displays "Dedicated Video Memory" (U2a-1903.jpg).

Alx24.

0 Kudos