Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20665 Discussions

A30M Discrete GPU Driver

Olmanmo
Beginner

When will a new driver be made for the A30M GPU?  I have an early preproduction system with this GPU and the last driver (per ARC Control Panel) was May of this year.  I'm running on XE integrated but would really like to use the discrete A30M for testing purposes.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello, Olmanmo

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ Arc communities.

You can get the latest available driver for the Intel® Arc™ Pro Graphics version number 30.0.101.1729, released on 9/8/2022, on the following link:

Intel® Arc™ Pro Graphics Windows* DCH Driver

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/741626/intel-arc-pro-graphics-windows-dch-driver.html

Additionally, you can also review more details about the Intel® Arc™ Pro A30M Graphics on the following website: 

Intel® Arc™ Pro A30M

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/216962/intel-arc-pro-a30m-graphics/specifications.html

In case you have further questions please let us know.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Olmanmo,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Olmanmo
Beginner

Hi Robert, sorry, been away for a few days...

Your response was important but when I went to the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, I found that I am using a driver that is more current than the 9-8 update you listed in your email.  Here is what I have now on the system (BTW, Dell 5470 Pre-Production unit, Intel 12th Gen i7.)

Olmanmo_0-1669746403556.png

Since we were not able to release the product with the Intel GPU due to development/manufacturing delays, we still are on a quest to see what the A30M will do. As you can see, even though the driver states "Up to date", the availability is "Offline" and the status is "Unknown".  The system is running great on Iris XE integrated graphics (in fact it is my work system and I'm using it right now,) but all of our team wants to see the A30M in action.

So, the real question is, "What are we missing?"

Thank you for responding,

Norm

0 Kudos
Olmanmo
Beginner

Sorry, forgot to attach the D&D Snip...

Dell PreProd 5470 Intel GPU Driver.png

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Olmanmo,

Thank you for all the information and images attached, we appreciate it.

We are reviewing the information that was shared in the previous post internally and we will get back to you as soon as we have more information to answer your questions.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Olmanmo,

Thank you for sharing all this valuable information.

To continue our research please share with us the following report:

This hardware report will allow us to analyze possible causes of why the Intel Driver and support assistant is reading the Intel® Arc™ Pro A30M Graphics as unknown in the "Status" field and offline in the "Availability field".

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Olmanmo
Beginner

As requested, let me know if there is anything else I can provide,

Norm

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Olmanmo,

Thank you for sharing the report we will check it internally.

On 12/05/2022 a new Intel® Arc™ Pro Graphics Windows* DCH Driver was released the version is 31.0.101.3517, please proceed and perform a clean installation of the newest driver, once the installation share the outcome with us,

To complete the update you can follow the article:

Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows*

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Download link for the Intel® Arc™ Pro Graphics Windows* DCH Driver:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/741626/intel-arc-pro-graphics-windows-dch-driver.html

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Olmanmo,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Olmanmo,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos