Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20671 Discussions

[A770] I can't run Beat Saber from steamVR when I enabled Resizable bar

XColinX
Beginner

When I disabled Resizable bar, it works fine.

If enabled Resizable bar, game will stop at title Beat Saber and flash continued.

Diver Version:  31.0.101.4382

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello XColinX

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues when trying to play Beat Saber on your system with Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

Was this game working fine in previous drivers regardless of the Resizable Bar status? Also, Could you please let us know your VR headset make and model?

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
XColinX
Beginner

Hi Hugo O.

No, since I purchased the card on March 12, it has not worked properly unless I turned off the resizable bar.

The vr device I use is pico4 and the streaming software is virtual desktop 1.26.6.

BR

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello XColinX

Allow me to chek with our team if there is any information related to this issue. I will post back once I have an update for you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello XColinX

After checking this with our team, allow me to inform you that the VR support for our Intel® Arc™ GPUs continues to evolve as we ramp our products and add updates to our software stack. Please look forward to future improvements for these issues.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello XColinX

I see there are no further questions related to this topic so we will proceed to close this thread. Feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance. 

Best Regards,  

Hugo O. 

0 Kudos
BuyMyMojo
Beginner

This is still an issue. I did find there was one driver (Maybe either Stable 4314 or beta 4335, I have those two installers still on my system and can't remember) where this wasn't an issue but it is an issue again on the latest driver 

0 Kudos
AskemoX
Beginner

Hi Colin,

I would have never guessed Resizable Bar is the problem.

If I turn it off suddenly Skyrim VR works and does not crash.

But yeah, every other game that is not VR loses a ton of performance without Resizable Bar.

So this is a serious flaw in the driver or the card somewhere.

0 Kudos