Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

A770 QSV encoding error can't record and stream

CookTurtle
New Contributor I

First, I'm a Taiwanese.My English may not professional.

The problem is after I install the latest driver after few days my discord can't stream the stream preview black screen and circle around. When this situation happened same time open OBS and click record it will display a error window like the picture.(Error report txt at the end of article)And when I start game It will display a error like picture2. If I want to fix it I need to reinstall the driver. It will reslove few days. Later that situation will happend. Always reinstall the graphic driver is stupid I need a solution to resolve the problem.Or my graphic card is broken I have no idea what happend. Need someone help me.

fail_record.png

dx_error.png

I try the following solution:2112

Use DDU to uninstall the graphic driver (The problem still happend after few days)

Use DriverStoreExplorer to uninstall all driver about Intel Graphic and Graphic Card Driver and old version driver (The problem still happend after few days)

Use clear install in Intel ARC driver install process

BIOS RESIZE BAR "ENABLE"

CPU:i5 13400F

RAM:T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200MHZ 16G*2

MB:MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4

Graphic Card Driver Version:31.0.101.4382(latest)

In the end I find a similar discussion thread in Intel community but the article poster update driver and resolve problem

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Cannot-stream-record-render-using-Intel-Arc-A770-s-QuickSync/m-p/1427830

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having encoding issues with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics, I will be happy to help you.  

I see you have two different issues, please make a new post for the game issue that shows picture 2. 

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

This is SSU and GCC report.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you for your response, all the information provided has been really helpful.

Please follow the steps below and let me know the results:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

I update the BIOS to version "7D43v1C" and use DDU to reinstall the graphic card driver now can use normally, but I can't said the problem solve. Because may be after few days the problem will happen. Or you can close the thread. I'll post new message when it happens again.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you for your answer, I am happy to hear that seems the issue is fixed.

If you want I can close the thread, but also I can wait a couple of days just to make sure that the issue is completely fixed.

If you want me to follow up is a specific day just let me know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

Unfortunately, the same problem still happen today. But I update to the lastest version driver 31.0.101.4499 not stable version 31.0.101.4369. But I promise when I install the stable version ,the problem still can't solve. I think I need a different solution not just reinstall driver. If reinstall driver can solve completely. I wouldn't come here to ask questions. These days I found some strange places. When the situation happen, I can't use ALT+TAB to change to other window and the it happen may be under the high temperture. (About 85 °C, because I'm not sure it is or not relate)

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you for your answer, it has been really helpful.

I will start with an investigation to provide you with accurate information as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you for your time, we are still working on this, in order to continue with our research, can you tell us if the issue also happens in older drivers like the driver version 31.0.101.4146? If you want to test it you can follow the installation steps How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11 (Method 2).

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CookTurtle,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

A few days ago.Intel release 4502 version driver so quickly. So I update to 4502, and the problem still happen. Now I use you recommend version 4146 testing. And so many people said windows will scan your device and automatic update the driver so I use DDU to close the windows scan and update device driver feature. But the problem still happen. So we can rule out the windows update cause  the problem. This is my situation now. I will tell you 4146 version can be use normally or not after few days.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you for keeping us informed.

I will wait for the results of driver 4146 to continue with the investigation.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

I have to tell you the unfortunately news. When I use version 4146 the problem still happen.Should I delive my graphic card to ACER after-sales maintenance?

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you for your response, and for completing all the steps. 

Please follow the steps below to update the latest BETA graphics driver we released this week:

The latest BETA driver is 31.0.101.4514. For guidance, How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11 (Method 2).

If you want you can send the graphics card to Acer maintenance, but we also can start with a deep investigation of the issue once you complete the previous step if the issue persists

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

Unfortunately, the same problem happened again in driver version 4514. I'm now contact with acer to maintenance graphics card. Anything I can try before I deliver it to acer?

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you for your answer and for keeping us informed.

Just to make sure that we covered all the necessary troubleshooting steps or if something is missing, I will start with an investigation and provide you with the next steps as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you for your time. 

We have been working on the investigation, please for diagnostic purposes when the issue occurs follow the steps below:

1. Run DXdiag command in Windows and save the results to share them with us.
  2. Open Device Manager and right-click on the Intel Arc Graphics card
    1. Click on Disable device and then Enable device.
    2. Check if the issue persists.
  3. Capture the exact steps to reproduce the issue (run OBS, Discord and which game title).

If possible test it with Windows 11 as well and let us know the results.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CookTurtle,

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

I try disable it and enable it later, the problem will solve quickly but after about few hours the problem still happen again. I can reach same result by click restore driver (the button above the disable device I don't know what it call in English windows OS) after restore complete, click update driver (the botton above restore driver). Both two ways can fix it in few hour, but it will broke in few hour.

And I found the key situation almost all things seems happen when I open OBS, but I try to update OBS the problem still happen. Discord stream seldom happen. Should I change third party OBS (like streamlabOBS or other) to test?

And these days I found sometime it will fix by itself. But will broke in few hour or even minute. When the problem happen the media player built-in Win10 will black screen only audio in same time.

About the Win11, can I try it by Win11 to go? 

Finally this is my dxdiag.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you for your response and all the information.

Yes, you can change third-party OBS (like streamlabOBS or another one) to test, in that way, we can check the behavior.

You can use Windows 11 to go, to check if we have the same issue in a different Operating System.

Let me know the results as soon as you have them.

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CookTurtle,

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos