Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21062 Discussions

A770M 16GB Cyberpunk 2077 rendering error

Joyko
Beginner

Hi,

When I play Cyberpunk 2077, there is always a white dot on my screen, I double-checked it's not a bad pixel. And it only happens in Cyberpunk 2077 with high settings and ray tracing on. I didn't get that issue in my other games.

The driver I'm using is the latest one: 31.0.101.4826 and my device is NUC 13 enthusiast.

Image_20230926184742.png

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Joyko,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I am aware of how annoying is to see a white dot while playing Cyberpunk 2077, I will be glad to help you.  

To understand the issue in a better way, please answer the following questions:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Joyko
Beginner

Hi Andres,

Yes, the old driver will have the same problem.

The weird thing is it won't show up in the first several main story quests. And I found out it's caused by the COLOR PRECISION option, after changing it from high to mid, the issue never happened again.

20230927231632-min.png

I also found someone using a desktop A770 has the same problem, here is his video post link:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV14u4y1e7m4/?spm_id_from=333.880.my_history.page.click&vd_source=a6799c09fd10c16cd2e3782ed2cc8534

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Joyko,

Thank you for the information provided it has been really helpful.

Remember to provide me with the Intel® (SSU) this is going to hep me to know your system environment and to provide you with the next steps.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Joyko,

Were you able to run Intel® SSU?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Joyko
Beginner

Hi Andres,

Sorry, I didn't notice your last reply.

Here is my SSU scan report.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Joyko,

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

I see in the Intel® SSU that your graphics driver is in the latest version, but we also have released a driver specifically for this Intel® NUC, please follow the steps below for a proper installation:

1. Clean install the graphics driver with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). For guidance, How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver.
  2. Install the graphics driver version 31.0.101.4575.

Let me know the results.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Joyko
Beginner
Hi Andres,

Could you report this issue to ARC GPU tech team and let them fix this issue in next driver release?

I have to use the latest driver because I also want to play starfield. In that old version driver, the game will get crashed frequently.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Joyko,

Thank you for your response, and for keeping me informed about the driver. 

I will start with the investigation, and as soon as I have further information I will let you know

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Joyko,

Thank you for your time.

We still working on the investigation and now we are trying to replicate the issue as soon I have the results I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Joyko,

Thank you for your patience.

We have been working on the replication of your issue, we played the game we tested different driver versions and the issue was not present, please follow the steps below and let me know if you have the same behavior:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Joyko,

Were you able to clean install the graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4887?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Joyko,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
RuinR
Beginner

Hello,

I am also struggling with this problem.
Configuration:

- Intel I5-13600KF CPU
- 32GB RAM
- A770 16GB GPU
Drivers version 31.0.101.4887 (clean install)

What I will add from myself:
- It seems that the problem occurs over time, after about 30 minutes of gameplay
- It is most often seen in the main character's apartment
- It depends on the direction in which the character is facing and looking. For example, looking down or up the problem can temporarily disappear, but looking from the player's apartment to the exit door the bug is always visible.
- As Joyko mentioned - setting Color Corretion to Medium makes the glitch disappear.

Hope that helps to narrow the cause.

Best wishes,

Przemek

0 Kudos