Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

AMD RX Vega M GL , Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 combo drivers update

RBovo1
Beginner

I have a dell XPS 15 9795 and i'm looking forward to use it with the oculus link software however it seems that it requires the latest adrenaline drivers which are not avaliable on the intel website . Are users of this AMD RX Vega M GL , Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 card going to be stuck forever ?

i mean the last update is october 2019

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Is your laptop XPS 15 9575 rather than 9795? Any way it doesn't matter. Why are you looking for video driver on Intel site and not on Dell site? It is Dell laptop and the drivers sometime are modified by the laptop OEM.
  2. If you want to try the latest Adrenaline driver for AMD RX Vega graphics, you can download it directly from AMD. Try it. In worst case you can uninstall it: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-rx-vega-series/radeon-rx-vega-series/radeon-rx-vega-64
  3. I'm using this driver on NUC8i7HVK.

Leon

0 Kudos
RBovo1
Beginner

Thanks for your answer LWAKSMAN

1 . well spoted yes is 9575 ye si will try to write to dell

2. I did , it did not work, i uninstall it

3. it seems that the NUC8i7HVK has not the same combo AMD RX Vega M GL , Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 ?

Accordingly to Oculus support the reason why my oculus link is not even related to the drivers just got an answer

"I understand that you are saying that your AMD RX Vega M GL is compatible. The AMD RX Vega M GL , Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 combo is not. The reason is that many laptops use the Intel GPU to control the external ports. We do not guarantee that all laptops will work due to this. "

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel's implementation in the NUCs does not use the Intel HD Graphics engine for anything, so it isn't a good example.

In this laptop, if Dell has modified the drivers to support the use of both graphics engines, you must use only those drivers that Dell makes available and you must take up any issues with Dell. It very well may be that their implementation does not support Oculus. If Dell believes that this issue is Intel's fault, they will need to take this up with Intel directly. It is not your job to do so. If they tell you to come back here. tell them no; you paid them to provide you with support and they are responsible.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
RBovo1
Beginner

hi scott thanks for the advice

I will write on their support forum as well

cheers

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I would call them directly as well.