Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Discussions

ARC A770 Audio lag issues.

TusherRozario
Beginner

Hello,

I recently bought an arc a770 16GB version. I am pairing with my Ryzen 5 3600 on a b450 chipset. The issue is in Windows, all the elements playing a sound will be delayed by 2/3 second. For example, if I click on the volume bar there should be a sound but there isn't one, and if I click the slider repeatedly after 2 seconds the sound finally plays. Also, playing youtube videos will cause the first 2/3 seconds of the video to be muted. My driver version is 4335 beta.

What is the issue? I'm sure it's a driver-related bug and will there be a fix to this bug?

Full system spec:

AMD Ryzen 3600

Gigabyte B450m aorus elite with latest bios

32GB ram

Gunnir ARC A770 16G

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello TusherRozario

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues with sound delay on your system.

As a first approach to this issue please do a clean installation of the driver version 31.0.101.4335. Uninstall the current driver using Display Driver Uninstaller, once uninstalled reinstall the driver while in safe mode.

If the issue persists, we would like to gather the following information to further assist with the problem:

• Share a short video showing this issue.
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response to get more information about your system's hardware configuration.
  • Are you using speakers or headphones?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
TusherRozario
Beginner

Hello hugo,

I have already done a clean installation of driver version 4335 using DDU. I am attaching the SSU report and the video here. the audio doesn't glitch over headphones or speakers connected through the motherboard audio. It only does that when audio is transferred over HDMI to TV.  I am using my tv as my monitor.

0 Kudos
BayesHuang
Beginner
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello TusherRozario

Thank you for sharing the information. Please let's try the following;

1. Try a different HDMI cable.
  2. Make sure that Resizable BAR is enabled on your system. if it is enabled try disabling and check if the same issue happens for testing purposes.
  3. After performing step 2, reset your BIOS settings to defaults and check if the same issue happens.

Also, please share with us the report from Intel Graphics Command Center, since we will need to further look into this issue if it persists after the above troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
TusherRozario
Beginner

I have tried different HDMI cables, Diisplaport cables, and display ports to HDMI converter and I also tried different monitors, but the issue still persists. 

As for the resizeable bar, disabling the resizable bar leads to windows being frozen so I can not check if the issue is solved by turning off the resizeable bar.

I have also cleared my CMOS, which does not solve the issue. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello TusherRozario

We will test this and check if we are able to replicate the issue, however, we are just missing the report from the Intel Graphics Command Center, requested in my previous post. Please share the log file with us.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
TusherRozario
Beginner
Hello Hugo,
I have returned the arc a770 card and i do not currently have the card installed on my system. I can't provide you the report from the intel graphics command center.
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello TusherRozario

We understand that you have returned the GPU and we apologize for the inconvenience as the GPU did not work as you expected. Since the Graphics adapter is no longer available for troubleshooting we will be closing this thread.

Feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance with Intel Products.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos