Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Access violation from ig9icd32.dll

DMedn
Novice

Hi,

One of our customers is using a Surface Book, he began experiencing problems with our CAD software once he received update with 22.20.16.4811 driver for his Intel HD 520 graphics adapter. He had no problems with previous version of 20.19.15.4463.

Our investigation shows access violation from ig9icd32.dll when we call wglSwapLayerBuffers.

We solved the problem by downgrading his driver, but this is not a permanent solution and it would be a lot better if next driver version won't have this bug.

9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Dmitry_Mednikov,

I understand that after updating the driver of the unit a software started giving error messages, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regarding this, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
DMedn
Novice

Hi,

Thank you for prompt answer. Here you are.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Dmitry_Mednikov,

Thank you for your response,

I was reviewing some information and I would like to know. How did you download the latest version of the driver? Did you download it from Intel ® Website or from the Microsoft "cumulative" update?

If you downloaded it from the Intel ® Website then please try to download it directly from the Microsoft website as it may have been "customized" specifically to work with the Surface Book. If you downloaded it from the Microsoft* website and it is giving you this problem then please try our generic driver as a troubleshooting step, you can download it by clicking on the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
DMedn
Novice

Hi,

I guess he got it with Microsoft Cumulative update.

Intel driver installer shows an error

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Dmitry_Mednikov,

I would like you to try using the "Manual" driver update method.

From the link provided previously, download the ".zip" file, after that please follow the next steps:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

After this steps are followed, the latest driver version must be installed. I would like you to test the software and see if the error persists.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
DMedn
Novice

Hi,

Tried to update the driver with guggested way but it shows

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Dmitry_Mednikov,

I can see that you are having an issue when updating the graphics driver.

What you can try to do in this case is to "Uninstall" the graphics adapter until you only have the basic graphics adapter from Microsoft*. To do this, please right-click on the adapter under device manager and click on "Uninstall". After that, please reboot the computer and try to update the graphics driver from us again.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Dmitry_Mednikov,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
ghuan25
Beginner

Here is another crash case with same situations. details go here https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004GRwwbSAD/why-the-graphics-driver-cannot-support-api-wglcreatecontext.

the difference is that any program using wglCreateContex will definitely crash the program.

0 Kudos