Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20839 Discussions

Acer Bifrost A770 Card Installation Failure

PLAY-DOH
Novice

Hello,

I don't know if this is a common problem or just a personal experience for me and my Acer Bifrost A770 card, but I can't seem to install any driver update after 31.0.101.5194. I've been updating my card regularly using the drivers provided from Intel Arc Graphics Drivers page; however, every newer driver has failed to properly install and I always have to revert back to the one mentioned above, which installs fine. I've tried deleting/clearing older display profiles/files using the program that was suggested on here from a different post, update the driver using the Intel Driver and Support Assistant, etc; however, nothing seems to work. I always get error code 1. I don't know if it's an Acer issue, but the driver they provide on their support is extremely out of date. Wondering if this has come up as a known issue and/or has been resolved.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ACarmona_Intel

Hello PLAY-DOH,

We appreciate your patience while you waited for our response.

Here's the next step that we're going to take to resolve the issue:

1. Download the driver version 31.0.101.5534.

2. After the download is complete, create a new folder on your computer to store the driver.

3. Move the downloaded graphics driver file into this new folder.

4. Right-click on the file, choose 'Show more options', and then select '7-zip'.

5. Click on 'Extract Here', wait for the extraction process to complete, and then close the window.

6. Open the Device Manager, locate the A750, and right-click on it.

7. Choose 'Properties', followed by 'Update Driver'.

8. Select 'Browse my computer for drivers' and navigate to the folder where you placed the driver.

9. Confirm your selection, click 'Next', and allow the installation to proceed to completion.

By the way, we have attached a screen recording demonstrating these steps to serve as your reference.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and also kindly notify us of the results of the troubleshooting steps that you are about to take.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

17 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello PLAY-DOH, 

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please provide a screenshot or a photo of the error code that you are seeing when you try to update your graphics driver so we can further check or further investigate the issue.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

PLAY-DOH
Novice

Hi Carmona, thanks for the reply and hope you had a great day as well. Here's images of the error code I get.

1.jpg2.jpg

ACarmona_Intel

Hello PLAY-DOH, 

Thank you so much for the prompt response.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps outlined in the link below for a possible solution to the issue:

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

PLAY-DOH
Novice

Hello Carmona, thank you for the quick response as well. I never tried this before; but unfortunately it yielded the same results. I tried it a few times using different driver installations with no luck. When I try to install, it almost instantly goes right to "Finalizing driver installation..". Not sure if that is useful information in any way. Seems like something may have changed after the 31.0.101.5194 driver back in February. But it may be something on my side since I can't seem to find anyone experiencing the same issue.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello PLAY-DOH,

To confirm, is the driver that you have tried to install version 31.0.101.5522? If not, please install it instead, and if the issue persists, follow the troubleshooting steps that we have previously provided.

And if yes, please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, complete model of your system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to Get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello PLAY-DOH,

We are checking in with you to know if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

PLAY-DOH
Novice

Hi Carmona,

Thank you for the response and suggestions. And my apologies for the late response. I did try driver 31.0.101.5522 and the latest 31.0.101.5534 driver that just came out. Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing the same issue. It almost instantly jumps to finalizing install after going the prompt buttons.

I attached the generated SSU file from running the Intel System Support Utility on my system.

Thank you again, I really appreciate the help. Have a great day as well!

ACarmona_Intel

Hello PLAY-DOH, 

No worries; thank you so much for providing us with your SSU. As the issue still persists after trying out the recommendation that we have provided, I will not raise the case with our engineers so they can thoroughly investigate it.

By the way, I will get back to you as soon as I have our engineers response.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello PLAY-DOH, 

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

For a possible solution, please try the following troubleshooting steps:.

1. Uninstall the driver using the Display Driver Uninstaller. Instructions in this article: How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver.
  2. Download the 31.0.101.5534. (instructions in this article, How to Get Zip File Version) of the Intel® Graphics Driver.
  3. Unzip the driver.
  4. Open Device Manager:
  • Right-click the Intel® ArcTM Graphics device from the Display Adapters section.From the drop-down menu, choose Update Driver.
    • Click Browse my computer for drivers.
    • Click Browse, search for, and select the unzipped folder of the driver. 
    • Once the driver is installed, restart the computer.

By the way, since the graphics driver is not a.zip file, an alternative method to compress files is to utilize the built-in compression functionality provided by Windows, commonly referred to as the 'Compressed (zipped) Folder' feature.

Furthermore, the guidance that you require can be found in Exit Code 1: There was a problem repairing your driver in the Intel® ArcTM Graphics article, which outlines the identical steps necessary for your query. You may also use a third-party application to zip the file, such as 7-Zip.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

PLAY-DOH
Novice

Hi Carmona, thanks for the reply.

I can't seem to be able to find a zip copy of the lastest driver, which you mentioned that it doesn't have a zip form; however, when I go the the linked tutorials, they don't quite explain how to make a zip copy of the driver. It just points to a download page where the driver is still in the exe form. And of course compressing the exe file into a zip file will just yield a copy of the exe file inside of a zip folder.

I've also tried the DDU graphics removal tool suggestion recently, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any of the newer drivers install. 

ACarmona_Intel

Hello PLAY-DOH, 

Again, thank you so much for the quick response.

We will investigate the issue that you have encountered while following the troubleshooting steps that we have provided.

By the way, thank you so much for your effort. I will update you as soon as possible with the next step that we can take.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

PLAY-DOH
Novice

All the appreciation to you guys for even trying to help. Thank you again Carmona!

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello PLAY-DOH,

We appreciate your patience while you waited for our response.

Here's the next step that we're going to take to resolve the issue:

1. Download the driver version 31.0.101.5534.

2. After the download is complete, create a new folder on your computer to store the driver.

3. Move the downloaded graphics driver file into this new folder.

4. Right-click on the file, choose 'Show more options', and then select '7-zip'.

5. Click on 'Extract Here', wait for the extraction process to complete, and then close the window.

6. Open the Device Manager, locate the A750, and right-click on it.

7. Choose 'Properties', followed by 'Update Driver'.

8. Select 'Browse my computer for drivers' and navigate to the folder where you placed the driver.

9. Confirm your selection, click 'Next', and allow the installation to proceed to completion.

By the way, we have attached a screen recording demonstrating these steps to serve as your reference.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and also kindly notify us of the results of the troubleshooting steps that you are about to take.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

PLAY-DOH
Novice

Hi Carmona,

OMG...it worked! Much kudos to you and the rest of the team. I had tried so many times to install each new driver as they came out to no avail. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time in helping me find a solution to the problem I was having. The video instructions really helped as well. I realized I didn't have 7-zip installed on my system. After installing it and following the steps, the driver installation went perfectly.

Thank you so much!

ACarmona_Intel

Hello PLAY-DOH,

Again, thank you so much for the quick response and for the update.

We are truly happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. Since the issue has already been resolved, we will now proceed with closing this case. You may receive an invitation to take a survey in a few days. We value your feedback and look forward to hearing about your support experience.

Please take the time to complete our survey so we can learn more about you, our valued customers, and how we can enhance our shared resources, product development, and customer service.

By the way, your cooperation has helped us a lot with diagnosing the issue.

Bye for now, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

PLAY-DOH
Novice

Thank you again Carmona! Will keep a lookout for the survey.

Have a great day as well!

0 Kudos