Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20783 Discussions

Acer Pedator Graphic

MateS1508
Beginner
INFO:
Machine    Acer - Predator PT715-51
Operating System    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Memory    32 GB
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Motherboard    KBL - Falcon_KLS
Video Cards    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 with Max-Q Design
Monitors    LG Display LP156WFC-SPP
Hard Disk 1    NVMe LITEON CA1-8D512 (512,0 GB)
Network Card    Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter

I'm having problems with the integrated graphics on the CPU. It is a new Acer Predator which only detects the NVIDIA GPU. But does not detect the Intel one, and does not raise or lower the brightness.

Thanks to information about the processor (posted above) I was able to identify that it has a Intel® HD Graphics 630 that does not appear in the device manager.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MateS1508
Beginner

ACER Forum with similar query

I also found out that my device has a BIOS feature called GOP, which is supposedly a new technology that will replace VGA, perhaps that is the source of the problem. But I don't know that technology and the BIOS does not allow me to make changes to it.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

MateS1508, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

For this scenario, first, it is important to mention that on a mobile device, such as a laptop, everything is customized by the computer manufacturer, they can enable/diable BIOS settings as well as features and functions on your machine.

We always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on Acer's website and the latest graphics driver version they have available is 21.20.16.4599. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Driver:

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_Intel_21.20.16.4599_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636378452706394248&Step1=&Step2=&Step3=PREDATOR%20PT715-51&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_1

If the issue remains after that, then we suggest to do a clean installation this time of our latest graphics driver version 31.0.101.2125:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/776137/intel-7th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-windows.html?wapkw=7700hq

We also advise to get in contact directly with Acer Support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your machine, or to gather the instructions on how to update it, and to get support on other BIOS issues:

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello MateS1508, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
MateS1508
Beginner

Albert, good afternoon to you and everyone who came to this forum, let me first tell you that I could not solve the problem using a software approach because apparently the problem is on the motherboard.

After using several detection tools I noticed that they all had one element in common, none of them detect the integrated graphics card of the processor, but only the dedicated NVIDIA one.
Since the equipment is under warranty, they told me that they have to continue looking for what the problem is, but apparently it is a motherboard problem, some manufacturing defect that prevents the integrated Intel graphics card from working at all.
A very particular case from what I understand but I am glad to be able to contribute something to the community.

I will post again when I have the official diagnosis from Acer technical service. Greetings, have a good afternoon.

From Uruguay

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Good afternoon MateS1508, Thank you very much for your response.

Yes indeed, it is a very particular case, we are glad to hear that a possible solution was found for this case. Thank you also for taking the time to share those details and a possible outcome for this scenario, we are sure they will be very useful and helpful for all the peers looking at this conversation. 

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos