hello, I am photographer and to fit recent photoshop applications, i recently purchased a NUC with radeon rx vega m gh graphic card and i have a problem in photoshop : oil painting filter is greyed and it seems correlated to Open CL not available on my card. i wanted to update driver but latest one is 2018 ! please help
Product code : BOXNUC8i7HVK2
regulatory model : NUC8HV
Date of Manufacture : 02/2019
win10 : photoshop system info says (see attachment) :
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.18362.329
graphic card : photoshop says :
glgpu.GLName="Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics"
glgpu.GLVendor="ATI Technologies Inc."
glgpu.GLRenderer="Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics"
known problem for oil filter :
- Download and install the latest Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.3 driver for your NUC. This driver was released on 1/29/2020.
- You should also update the Intel HD Graphics Driver to Version: 18.104.22.16829 Date: 11/25/2019 . Before installing this driver, open Apps an Features in Windows settings and uninstall the old Intel driver first.
Thank you very much for your help. strange Intel website, during the analysis of my machine, still provides 2018 drivers...
I am not IT guy.
is adrenalin safe to install ? download and run ? is it a bios update like the one i did after intel lists the updates or software update ?
How do we remove a driver in win10 ? "peripheral manager>choose radeon, driver tab, uninstall" ? do we need adrenalin first to do that ?
- Actually currently NUC8i7HVK Intel Download site points to the Adrenaline driver. Yes this driver is safe to install.
- Download the Windows 10 64bit version from the page pointed in paragraph 1 in my previous post.
- Download the Intel HD Graphics Driver as well.
- Disconnect Internet connection.
- Right click on Windows icon on Task Bar and then on Apps and Features.
- Click on AMD software (in the list of applications) and then on Uninstall. Follow the instruction for uninstalling the Radeon Driver.
- Next, click on Intel Graphic Driver in the list and then on Uninstall. Uninstall this driver also.
- Reboot your NUC.
- Unzip the zip file with the previously downloaded Intel Graphic Driver 22.214.171.12429 Click on igxpin.exe to install this driver.
- Click on win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.1.3-jan29.exe to install Radeon Driver.
- Reconnect the internet and reboot your NUC.
- Before starting installing drivers, verify that you have the latest Bios installed. The last version is 0059. You may download the HNKBLi70.86A.0059.EB.msi here. If Bios update is required, double click on this file and follow the instructions.