Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

After Intel update my laptop won't detect my monitor

Yuuuuumi
Beginner

I updated the intel driver recently and now I have trouble detecting my monitor. After the update the Intel Graphics Command Center looks different and now it says no other display has been detected.  I also tried with a different monitor and it won't connect so I know my monitor isn't the issue.  Please help! Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Yuuuuumi,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. We have moved this thread to the graphics forum in order to assist you in the best possible way. 

Regarding your issue, in order to have a better understanding of it, please share with us the following information:

1. Is the issue with an external monitor? If so, which port are you using to connect it?
  2. What is the resolution and refresh rate that you are using?
  3. Have you tried using the drivers provided by the OEM?
  4. Have you reported this issue to the OEM?
  5. What is the exact model of your system?

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Yuuuuumi
Beginner
  1. Is the issue with an external monitor? If so, which port are you using to connect it?
    Issue is with an external monitor connected through HDMI cable. There is no VGA or DVI port on my laptop.
  2. What is the resolution and refresh rate that you are using?
    1920x1080 at 60Hz
  3. Have you tried using the drivers provided by the OEM?
    Yes, tried rolling back drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, and reinstalling Windows OS.
  4. Have you reported this issue to the OEM?
    Not yet, wanted to check if it was a MOBO issue first.
  5. What is the exact model of your system?
    E243 Monitor
    Intel MOBO NFSV150x
    Intel Core i7-6700HQ 

Everything worked fine until the Intel Graphics Command Center and/or driver update.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Yuuuuumi,

We understand you have opened a web ticket with us and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close this community case. Thank you.

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos