Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

After Updated Graphics Command Center Plugged-in Section Of The Settings Missing

nivlrh
Novice

There only on-battery setting is shown.

OS Version: Windows 10 19042.541

Intel Graphics Command Center Version: 1.100.2765.0

Driver Version: 27.20.100.8681

Device: XPS 9500

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello nivlrh, Thank you very much for providing the Intel® Graphics report, let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Just to let you know, we tried to replicate this issue in our Intel® Lab and we were able to reproduce it, after updating the Intel® Graphics Command Center the option for "Plugged-In" was no available anymore.

As you mentioned, "I think this situation only occurs in Dell XPS 9500 models", that seems to be the case, the reason why the option is not there anymore is due to customizations created by the manufacturer of the computer, in this case Dell, and it is expected and normal for the option not to appear anymore.

As an option, you can always get in contact directly with Dell to report this scenario and to check if they have a solution for it, maybe a different Graphics driver version customized by them:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

nivlrh, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your inquiry, for the proper functionality of the Intel® Graphics Command Center, we recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked into Dell's web site and there are different versions of the XPS 9500 laptop, some of them include a dual Graphics configuration, so in order for us to be able to confirm which is the laptop version that you are using, please provide the SSU report:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

You mentioned that "after Updated Graphics Command Center Plugged-in Section Of The Settings Missing" could you please explain how did you update the application?

Was the "Plugged-in Section" working fine before installing the update?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
nivlrh
Novice

I updated through the Microsoft Store, and I use all the latest drivers from Dell. Also, my laptop is hybrid graphics so comes with two graphics cards. And I found that if I use the beta version of IGCC which is an older version(1.100.1270.0), it does have the plugged-in section in power settings.

0 Kudos
nivlrh
Novice

Sorry, I just skimmed through your reply and didn't see that, here is the SSU report in the attachment.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

nivlrh, Thank you very much for providing that information.

We will try to replicate this scenario in our Intel® Lab, currently, we do see the plugged-in section in power settings:

Alberto_R_Intel_0-1601401549937.png

Alberto_R_Intel_1-1601401617444.png

After installing the update we will verify the settings in the Intel® Graphics Command Center to confirm if it has the same behavior, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
nivlrh
Novice

It's weird, my dad's Lenovo laptop does show this section, but not mine.

0 Kudos
nivlrh
Novice

IGCC diagnostic report.

0 Kudos
nivlrh
Novice

Hello, haven't seen your reply for a day, I think this situation only occurs in Dell XPS 9500 models, I saw a few people in the Dell community saying that they couldn't find this section either.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello nivlrh, Thank you very much for providing the Intel® Graphics report, let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Just to let you know, we tried to replicate this issue in our Intel® Lab and we were able to reproduce it, after updating the Intel® Graphics Command Center the option for "Plugged-In" was no available anymore.

As you mentioned, "I think this situation only occurs in Dell XPS 9500 models", that seems to be the case, the reason why the option is not there anymore is due to customizations created by the manufacturer of the computer, in this case Dell, and it is expected and normal for the option not to appear anymore.

As an option, you can always get in contact directly with Dell to report this scenario and to check if they have a solution for it, maybe a different Graphics driver version customized by them:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos