Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

@ AndrewG - Intermittent Screen Flicker

Beginner

The problem has been resolved - it was a bad monitor which I have replaced.

Could you PLEASE stop sending driver updates???
I'm getting driver updates at least once or twice a day - they are always the same drivers.

I no longer need driver updates for this issue. Can you please turn them off?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello 1465,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand that you were able to resolve your issue by replacing the monitor that was causing this behavior.

To better assist you I would appreciate if you could confirm the following:

• What tool/software are you using to update the drivers?
  • Where do you see these driver notifications?
  • Is this an Intel software?

Please explain.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Beginner

I'm not using any kind of tool or software. The updates are automatically downloaded from the intel website. Even now the website says that I have a new display driver update to be installed - I saw it on the way in here to reply to your inquiry.

I assumed, at the start, that Intel was tweaking the driver update to try and resolve the problem,  but it never worked - that's the reason I didn't mention the deluge of updates before.

But after replacing the monitor and notifying the Intel Community assistant that the problem was resolved,  the updates keep coming.

The notifications appear in my notification area on my desktop. But as mentioned, it's also on the Intel website's driver download area.
And, yes, it is Intel software.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello 1465,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant?
  • Is your computer a laptop or other OEM device?

Please consider that the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (IDSA) was designed for Intel Products meaning that the utility will offer Intel generic drivers.

If you are using a third-party Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) system such as laptops, desktop or others the IDSA may offer drivers that are not customized, validated for your system. For that reason, if the driver installed is not matching the IDSA some notifications may appear.

If this is the case, I would recommend the use of the software that the OEM provides to ensure the use of customized drivers and not the IDSA.

Additionally, you may want to change your notification settings in your operating system to remove the reminders from the utility. You may want to check with your operating system support for guidance.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Beginner

Yes, I do have Intel® Driver & Support Assistant installed as well as Intel Graphics Command Center.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello 1465,

Thank you for the clarification.

Then, I would like to share with you the following thread that you can use as a guide to manager/control the update notifications via IDSA.

You can hide the notifications for updates that you don’t want to install and leave the notifications of other drivers that are really important to you.

I hope this helps to answer your concern.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello 1465,

Were you able to check the email that I send you?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello 1465,

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos