Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Any ideas on why I got a blackscreen after installing the latest Intel HD Graphics update?

TChes1
Beginner

Hello guys, I want to know why when I try to install the latest Intel HD Graphics update my screen goes black and never goes back to the desktop? I have to restart my computer and sadly the driver didn't got installed and now I have a few errors with some softwares.

Example:

SpeedFan: I try to launch SpeedFan, I got a BSOS.

OpenHardwareMonitor: My CPU information doesn't appear anymore.

Windows Repair Toolbox: My CPU is constantly at 212 °F (100 °C) something that never happen when I had the old driver.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello TChes1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

Based on the report provided, I can see that your computer has hybrid/switchable graphics. It's worth mentioning that our recommendation is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer since those drivers have customizations for your system especially if it has hybrid/switchable graphics.

Have you tested an external monitor? 

Please try a clean installation of the Intel drivers in order to install the drivers provided by the system manufacturer:

• Download the latest driver provided by the system manufacturer Aspire F5-573G.
  • Disconnect the computer from internet access to avoid automatic updates installation by the operating system.
  • Go to apps and features.  
  • Find the Intel Graphics Driver.  
  • Click on Intel Graphics Driver then Uninstall it. 
  • The system must go through a restart to complete the uninstall process.  
  • If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in the device manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' or similar. 
  • Run the graphics driver you downloaded from our website.  
  • Follow the wizard installation. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
TChes1
Beginner

Which one I take? Kabylake? or normal one?

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello TChes1,

Thank you for your response.

Based on the release notes of the driver version 21.20.16.4494 VGA Driver (Kabylake) it says that it's for 7th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Kaby Lake) as your processor Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor Kabylake family. it would be good to confirm it with the system manufacturer but based on their file and release notes it should work.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello TChes1,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello TChes1,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos