Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21079 Discussions

Arc 380 Incorrect Display Port multi-display

Owleye
Beginner

Multi Display:

My Board boots up with the board manufacture's logo on main monitor,  plus I can use the EAUFI settings menu on that monitor just fine.

Multi-Display WORKS with Dell Laptop and Windows Surface Pro.

Once windows starts to boot, it goes blank and then diesplays, "Incorrect Display Port Version",  and goes blank.

Have tried several things with no effect:

Reinstalling the driver (it is generic), does say ARC.

Swapping cables, Swapping Ports on the Arc A380 ,

Changing monitor version to 1.2, changes the display to "No signal Found" and goes blank.

Power-Cycle, might cause the monitor to work once in many, many tries.

Arc version is 31.0.101.5186

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MUC
Valued Contributor II
  1. Please enable Resizable BAR in BIOS setup as described by ASUS here.

2. Please update the BIOS to the latest version.

MUC_0-1707519105054.png

Download the required files from ASUS Support Website

3. If that doesn't help, the graphics card is probably defective. In this case, you should request a return merchandise authorization (RMA) from the retailer.
0 Kudos
Owleye
Beginner

Ok, I did all the updates.  But need to add, even before the update:  if I remove one (either one cable) from the Arc, then the monitor display ok.  So it is able to drive either monitor, single.   Sometimes, I can get both to show, and when both monitors display, they display with not issues for hours (until going to sleep from inactivity and the issue occurs again).   Reboot, unplug this and that, power-cycle this and that and only one monitor display.

My work laptop does not have problem driving both monitors every time.  

Attached the after updates.  As I write this, it is a rare-moment that both monitors are displaying (no issue).

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

I'd say, now the PC is state of the art. This is a strange problem.

• What monitors do you use (brand and model)?
  • Which cables do you use?
    • Are these the same cables that you use with your laptop without any problems?
    • Please describe how the PC is connected to the monitors compared to the laptop. Are adapters used? If yes, which?

In this situation, when both monitors are working at the same time, please create a Report for Intel Graphics Drivers and attach the output file here.

0 Kudos