Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21005 Discussions

Arc 770 16gb 14th December 2023 Driver update

Bubbachew
Novice

I am getting way poorer performance now, no idea whats happened, my PC set up is exactly the same.

Mostly playing Forza FM8, this was running at a comfortable 60 fps on medium settings, since the driver update, i'm only getting 40 fps??

I have a 10th Gen i9 CPU 10900K. 32 GB RAM and a 2TB SSD.

Is there a known issue a need to wait for?

MT

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bubbachew,

Thank you for joining the Intel Communities to report a performance problem when playing Forza Motorsport 8. We would be more than happy to assist you with this problem.

We would like to let you know that there are no reports that this is a known issue with the new driver; however, we will continue assisting you. To better help you, we would like to ask for the following:

• What is the game distribution service you used to install the game?
  • You mentioned that it started after a driver update. Which installation process did you follow to install the new driver version?
  • Does the performance issue occur in a particular map or game section?
  • Provide us with a screenshot of the graphics game settings you use.
  • We see that you have an Intel Arc A770, but we want to ask for the exact graphics card model. Are you using a Limited Edition card or a model from a different Intel Arc Graphics Manufacturer: MSI, Sparkle, GUNNIR, Acer, or AsRock?
  • We also would like to check for more details about your system. So please provide us with a system report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bubbachew,

We want to follow up in your thread to see if you have been able to gather the information we requested in our previous comment. Let us know if you require further assistance.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bubbachew,

We will proceed to close this thread as we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread. If you require additional support, please open a new thread, as Intel will no longer monitor this thread.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Bubbachew
Novice

Hi Jean,

please don't close yet!

Forza version 2.0 worked perfectly well, i was getting 60fps no problem. I will post answers to your questions tonite when i get home!

0 Kudos
Bubbachew
Novice

Hi Jean, thanks for your patience!

• What is the game distribution service you used to install the game?

Microsoft Xbox anywhere on PC

• You mentioned that it started after a driver update. Which installation process did you follow to install the new driver version?

Complete, remove old driver and replace.

• Does the performance issue occur in a particular map or game section?

During the benchmarking process. Original FM2023 out the box version was unplayable, could not get 30fps, then FM2023 2.0 update was perfect, getting 60fps, then 3.0 we are back to square one, stuttering and unplayable. I updated both FM2023 3.0 and the new Arc driver at the same time so i can't say which one is at fault.

• Provide us with a screenshot of the graphics game settings you use.

Its not allowing me to upload screen shot i'm afraid, will try again, however -

• We see that you have an Intel Arc A770, but we want to ask for the exact graphics card model. Are you using a Limited Edition card or a model from a different Intel Arc Graphics Manufacturer: MSI, Sparkle, GUNNIR, Acer, or AsRock?

Its the Predator version

0 Kudos
Bubbachew
Novice

IMG_2792 (1).jpg

0 Kudos
Bubbachew
Novice

I have no idea whats happened, but now its working even better than before!

60 FPS with settings on High Auto at 1440p

Seems to be using 8GB out of the 16GB, so if i had a faster monitor, i could possibly get even better performance.

It must have been running something in the background previously to create such a huge difference previously.

WELL DONE INTEL!!! this ARC 770 16GB is the absolutely Bomb!

2nd Jan 2024.jpg

0 Kudos