Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20822 Discussions

Arc 770 LE Disconnects HDMI and Speakers after under Pressure

CharlieNuzzles
Beginner

The situation is the following: When I boot up Post Scirptum, War Thunder and potentially other games my Arc seems to work fine but after a few minutes of pressure it seems to cut connection to the HDMI port and my audio, the PC itself is still running at that point. I have Resizable-Bar enabled.

My System Specs are the following:

-Graphics Card: Intel(R) Arc(TM) A770 

-Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10500 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3101 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

-Mainboard: Asus ROG STRIX B460-G GAMING Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard

-RAM: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

-SSD with Windows: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive

-PSU: be quiet! Dark Power 13 750 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

-Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home 

-Monitor: LG 24BK550Y-B 23.8" 1920 x 1080 75 Hz Monitor

Please try and help me to find out what is wrong. Im very exhausted from starting to play and then just being black screened.

I know my system has issues, one being that the card does not currently inhabit the PCiE x16 slot but the x4. I cannot put it there bc the plastic IO shield on the mainboard blocks it. I would have to dismantle the intire PC and I noticed it after two days of building. I assume my CPU could be another one since it is older. It does not detect the 3600MHz RAM so I have to put it on 2666MHz qwq. Yes I did not consider everything and I am sorry for it. Please rain knowledge upon me.

Charlie

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
ThomasW
Beginner

I have had the same issue on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.  Generally at lower altitudes near large cities when the graphics card is working hard, after maybe 20-30 minutes of gaming.  Sudden black screen and low buzz on the speakers, and nothing can be done but a full reboot to recover it.  No glitching or stuttering either, just a sudden cut to nothing.  I have the temp limited in Arc Control so I don't think it's an overheat, because it should throttle to maintain 85C if it even gets to that point.  My cooling is good, generally running low-mid 70s under heavy load, 45ish in normal daily use.

My system, newly built in the past couple months:

Arc A770LE 16GB graphics card

Intel I5-12600k

ASRock Z690M ITX/ax mobo

OLOy OWL RGB 32GB 3200 RAM

SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB  system drive

SAMSUNG 980 EVO M.2 1TB gaming drive

EVGA SuperNOVA 650  power supply

Windows 10 Home

Running the latest graphics drivers, it has happened in multiple driver releases.

Nothing's overclocked or any of that funny business! 

Just wanted to add this info case it helps resolve the OP's issue.

Thanks,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We will help you with the issue you report.

To better assist you, we would like to gather more information about your problem:

• Does the unit work as expected before launching a game? Perhaps using a web browser or a streaming platform (less heavy workload).
  • It is important to mention that we recommend using a PCIeX16 for optimal performance, but we understand that you are having issues installing the card to this port.
  • Is this the first graphics adapter installed on your system?
  • Are you using external speakers, or are they built-in to your monitor?
  • Are other Audio devices, such as a headset, affected?
  • To confirm further information about your system (such as Operating System Build and graphics driver version), create a report using the
  •  Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CharlieNuzzles
Beginner

Hi Jean,

first of all sorry for the late reply - I will give you as much information as I can.

• Does the unit work as expected before launching a game? Perhaps using a web browser or a streaming platform (less heavy workload): No, the card seems to handle everything else relatively good.

• It is important to mention that we recommend using a PCIeX16 for optimal performance, but we understand that you are having issues installing the card to this port: I am trying to find time to dismantle my pc again, but my current work schedule is not really up for it.

• Is this the first graphics adapter installed on your system? : Before the Arc 770 LE I had a Geforce 1050ti 4gb which was overclocked by the manufacturer 

• Are you using external speakers, or are they built-in to your monitor? : I have external speakers.

• Are other Audio devices, such as a headset, affected? : Yes. Tried to change audio devices mid and before the problem occurres. I dont think it counts when I have my headphones connected to my speakers so I tested it that way.

• To confirm further information about your system (such as Operating System Build and graphics driver version), create a report using the Intel® Graphics Command Center:

• I will have the file linked below.

Thank you for your help Jean.

Best regards,

Charlie

Helpless Chicken

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CharlieNuzzles,

Thanks for the information provided.

Since you mentioned that you had another graphics adapter before, we recommend you run the DDU tool to eliminate all the driver residues and leftovers from your previous graphics adapter. Check our article: How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver, and once you run the tool, install our latest production driver, 31.0.101.4314.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
CharlieNuzzles
Beginner

Deaar Jean,

that was the first thing I did was use DDU to uninstall my old nvidia drivers. Did it before enableling Resizable Bar also.

Could it be a different problem?

Best regards,

Charlie

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CharlieNuzzles,

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CharlieNuzzles,

Thank you for your patience while we address your concern.

To better assist you, we kindly request additional details regarding your issue. This will enable us to conduct a more thorough investigation into the matter.

• Could you please provide additional information on what you mean by "under pressure"? Does this occur exclusively when running multiple programs or during gaming?
  • Furthermore, would you be able to perform testing on the PCIe x16?
  • Additionally, does this issue arise when using different ports and monitors?

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CharlieNuzzles,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
CharlieNuzzles
Beginner

Dear Jean,

sorry I am not able to use PCIe x16 bc my IO Cover is blocking it. Furthermore most games tend to crash randomly, I saw that the render activity is at 100% in Taskmanager - that could be a issue. Am also not able to get a different monitor bc I only have one. Sorry for not responding :/.

Best regards,

Charlie

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CharlieNuzzles,

Thanks for the information provided.

We like to recommend you create a new thread about the game crashes to evade confusion and duplicate efforts in this thread.

Regarding your audio issue. We recommend you try another video port. Checking the display specifications, it seems that your monitor has a DisplayPort option available. Test using a DP connection to confirm if the issue persists.

Also, we want to confirm what you mean when you said that the issue occurs when the system is under pressure. What type of application do your use to reproduce the issue? Is it while gaming?

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CharlieNuzzles,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CharlieNuzzles,

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CharlieNuzzles,

Before we close this thread, we would like to recommend you contact your Place of Purchase to evaluate getting an RMA for the video card to rule out any hardware issues.

Best regards.

Jean O.

0 Kudos
CharlieNuzzles
Beginner

Dear Jean,

I will do that and thank you for monitoring this thread. I hope that this at least this thread will no longer take up to much time. Stay safe and have a great day.

Best regards,

Charlie

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello CharlieNuzzles

Thanks for the information.

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since you will reach to the Place of Purchase for further support, we will close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards.

Jean O.

0 Kudos