Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20708 Discussions

Arc A770 16gb HDMI static screen

ThirstyGo
Beginner

Hello Intel,

This issue has been raised before (link: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Arc-A770-16gb-HDMI-static-screen/td-p/1451173), although never resolved. Over a year later and I dont see any progress. 

I have the identical issue whenever using the HDMI port. I have tried with LG C1, and LG C2, testing on all 4 HDMI ports. For the past 18 months, I have tried different Motherboards, and peripherals and the only constant issue I can rely on is the HDMI connection going black randomly. Owned the Arc 770 LE since Oct 2022, and been hoping with each of the firmware updates, this would be corrected.

I dont feel sharing the logs, and tedious details of each attempt will help, as this problem is longstanding. Tried many HDMI cables, DP adapters, and sequences. The only thing that helps is turning off HDR. However, this merely prolongs the time before the C2 blackouts, from few times a day to every other day. 

80% of the time, it happens when the PC wakes from either sleep or monitor turns off. I have tried all resolutions between 60 and 120hz. 

Lastly, using the LG c1 or c2 with 4080 causes no problems ever. The single questions I would love an honest answer to is: will/can this be fixed, or it will plague Arc 770 forever? Now on driver 31.0.101.5445 and no improvement whatsoever. 

Its been nice to see Intel dedicated to releasing frequent drivers, though I feel the core functionalities have been ignored-- the quality of life features. Arc Control window still can't be dynamically resized all this time later. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies