Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20976 Discussions

Arc A770 - Losing video output

boazvdw
Beginner

Hi,

My ARC A770 sometimes loses video output when changing to fullscreen. For example while I'm playing a game (rocket league in my instance, but did notice it on other games too) and press alt+tab to switch out of rocket league's fullscreen window and then try to alt+tab back in to rocket league my video output will be lost.

I heard this might be caused by using HDMI to my monitor instead of displayport cables. Unfortunetly I don't have any displayports available since I'm using a TV.

My setup:

Mobo: Asus Hero VIII
GPU: Arc A770
CPU: Ryzen 5600X
RAM: 32GB 3200MHz
Re-Bar: Enabled

PC HDMI OUT -> TV HDMI IN

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello boazvdw

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when changing fullscreen mode with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphic. We would like to gather the following information to assist you with this issue:

• What is your TV make and model?
  • Is pressing the alt+tab buttons when playing a game the only way to trigger this issue or does it happen to you in different scenarios?
  • Have you tried different HDMI cables?
  • Are you using any type of video adapters or dongles?
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
boazvdw
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

Apologies for my late reply. My TV is a Samsung UE50RU7172U (4k 60hz). The issue is mostly happening when alt+tabbing but might also happen after a reboot (most of the time when it happens after reboot it'll take a minute or something until it starts to display output, unless I take out the HDMI and replug it). I have also tried different cables already but without success unfortunatly. Please reach out to me if more information is needed.

Kind regards,

Boaz

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello boazvdw

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello boazvdw

Thank you for sharing this information with us. Please let's try the following:

• Go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and update your Bios to the latest version. The latest version should be 4402.
  • Make sure that your TV's firmware is updated to the latest version. You can check the latest firmware available on the manufacturer's website.
  • Reseat the GPU on its PCIE slot.
  • If possible, please try a different monitor.

If the issue continues, please share with us the following information:

• Attach a short video showing the issue
  • Create a System report following these instructions. Only use the instructions under Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC).

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello boazvdw

Please let us know if the advised troubleshooting helped with this issue or, please provide us with the information requested to further assist you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello boazvdw,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos