Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Arc Control Overlay freezes

Honglin
Beginner

Few seconds after I open Arc Control, the overlay freezes, and I cannot click on anything. Also, the Performance Telemetry does not display anything. Any ideas? Or is this a bug?

System specs:

Win 11 Pro

ROG B550I

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

Arc A750

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Honglin,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ Arc communities, we understand the issue that you are experiencing with your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics.

We would like to ask you for the following information in order to determine the possible causes of the issues that you are experiencing while using the Intel® Arc™ Control:

• When did the issue start, after any recent windows update or driver update?

• Are you using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant?

The information that will be included in this report will allow us to review the hardware components of the device in more detail.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Honglin
Beginner
  • The only update I've done is I upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Pro. But this issue occured prior to the upgrade. 
  • Yes, I do have Intel® Driver & Support Assistant on my computer. 
  •  
0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Honglin,

Thank you very much for your response we really appreciate it,

We would like to recommend you follow these steps in order to uninstall the Intel® Arc™ control and then perform a clean installation of the Intel® Arc™ graphics driver:

To uninstall the Intel® Arc™ control:

1. Press the Windows key.
  2. Click on settings.
  3. Select Apps and then select Apps & features.
  4. Search for Intel® Arc™ Control software.
  5. Click on it and select the option to uninstall.

Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000092609.html

To perform a clean installation of the Intel® Arc™ graphics driver please follow these instructions:

To download the latest version of the Intel® Arc™ Graphics Windows* DCH Driver

please visit the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-graphics-windows-dch-driver.html

Visit Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows* to find instructions in order to complete the installation:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Once you have completed the process please test the Intel® Arc™ control and share the outcome with us.

Best regards, 

Robert Q.

0 Kudos
Honglin
Beginner

I did clean install Arc Control, and it did not help. 

I tried to use it on a different computer(using latest Win 10), and Arc Control works fine. 

I think I should resetting the computer see if that helps... ...

0 Kudos
Bill_Mars
Beginner

Before you do...

Look into one thing.

In my case I had BlueStack5 running in the background.

Between Arc and the Asus monitor they could not configure overlay or sync until I shut off Bluestack.

Take the time to go through the list of installed programs as well as checking with Task Manager to see if anything similar is happening to you.

With the other computer I have a Radeon 550 series going to a 32 inch Acer gaming monitor.

And exactly as you described... 10 seconds later everything locks up.

I had to shut off Acer's overlay and sync and let the Radeon handle it. Both of them were trying and they ended up stopping each other.

Afterwards when everything was working nicely I could turn on Acer's sync and nobody complained.

0 Kudos
Bill_Mars
Beginner

Oh PS: That B550  is built at the factory to run it's own integrated gtaphics or an AMD graphics card like the Radeon or whatever.

Go to Acer and go through the settings and configurations required to plug in an Intel graphics card.

0 Kudos
Honglin
Beginner

Thanks, that is what I thought, too. But after unstalling basically everything, it still happens. 

In the end, I just gave up and reset the computer. And after clean Windows installation, the problem is solved, of course.

I mentioned I tested on another PC, which works fine; I have same monitor on both PCs, so I don't think it was the issue. That PC is my mian PC, and the troublesome one is kind of like a toy for me(that's why I have an Arc inside XD), which doesn't have anything important beside games, so I'm okay resetting it. 

0 Kudos
Bill_Mars
Beginner

Ok I think you got it figured out...

If you have Windows, and the card, and the monitor all trying to manage things?

I think the old saying is "too many chiefs and not enough indians"

You may think you have it solved... but have you re-introduced the card and the monitor yet?

And this is just out of curiosity... for fun.

Don't bother if you don't want to go there yet.

But it would be interesting to see where things fail.

It will show you where the problem occurred.

In my case I found out.... it was an old Radeon driver.

As soon as I updated it everything overlaid fine.

0 Kudos
Honglin
Beginner

Ah, right. I did have AMD Radeon sfotware, and Nvidia's too,

BC when I first build this PC ARC A750 wouldn't post, so I put in a GTX 1060 in. 

Then I also used RX 6600 XT to do some benchmarks to compare the performance between team red and team blue, just for fun. 

Still, this didn't cause any issues for like a month tho. 

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Honglin,

We are glad to hear that after performing a clean installation of Windows the issue was resolved.

• After the installation have you experienced any issues with the overlay or other features of the Intel® Arc™ control?

• When you first installed the Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics it gave you no post issues, were these issues resolved, or are you still experiencing these problems?

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Honglin
Beginner

Thank you for the reply. 

No, I have no issues with the overlay now. Just a feedback, I guess, I think it is better to have it as a window rather than as an overlay. Sometimes it can be annoying to use. I like to have the telemetry on the second monitor, since it takes a chunk of the screen space, and I don't want it to interfere with gameplay. 

So when I first install the A750, it was intalled to a completely new computer, with no OS. I'm not sure why it wasn't posting, it does turn on, and it does post with Nvidia's card and AMD card. I had to use other GPU to get to BIOS, install Windows, and donwload the ARC drivers. The ARC A750 post after the driver is downloaded.

This can be an issue to other users if their newly built computer doesn't have an iGPU or they don't have spare GPU lying around. 

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Honglin,

Thank you for posting your feedback we really appreciate it and will take into consideration all the pieces of information that you have shared with us.

On the other hand, we're glad that you are no longer experiencing issues with the Intel® Arc™ control overlay, We will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos