Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20954 Discussions

Assistance Required with Intel® UHD Graphics 770 Driver Update - 14700k

KBcalado
Beginner

Dear Intel Support,

I am seeking assistance regarding a driver issue with my Intel® UHD Graphics 770. Upon accessing the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to check for "Devices and Drivers" under Graphics, I encountered a message stating:

"A custom driver from the manufacturer is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is unable to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the custom computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Please contact ASUS or ASUSTek for the latest driver for your computer."

I am unsure about the specific device that requires the update, and I am facing difficulties in determining the appropriate method to proceed with an update. Furthermore, I have not received a response from ASUS regarding this matter.

- Could you please provide guidance on the following:

1.The exact device that requires the driver update.

2.The recommended course of action since the ASUS response is pending.

I appreciate your assistance in this matter and look forward to your prompt response.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely, RC

ASUS PRIME Z690-P WIFI D4

Intel® Core™ i7-14700K

Intel® UHD Graphics 770

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080

32 GB RAM

Windows 11 Pro

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User
In some cases (mostly Laptops), manufacturers will customize the graphics driver packages to support special features - keys, buttons, etc. - of their laptop designs. This is why Intel warns you about overinstalling their generic packages, as doing so will wipe out the customizations and could cause instability.
In your case, since we are talking about a Desktop motherboard, it is doubtful that any customizations have been implemented. You should be able to checkmark the warning to indicate that you understand and authorize IDSA to overinstall the existing driver package.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos