Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20793 Discussions

Asus Transformer Book T100TA: No option to maintain aspect ratio

BDeLe
Beginner

The Transformer Book is a hybrid tablet/notebook running windows 8.1, and features a Bay Trail processor. The installed driver version is 10.18.10.3286.

I have several games that run in 640x480 or 1024x768 full-screen mode. My computer stretches them to fit without maintaining the original aspect ratio, which makes everything wider than it should be. I would like to be able to run such programs in their original aspect ratios, with black bars on the left and right sides, instead of being stretched out of proportion.

However, the only option the Intel control panel provides is to "Maintain Display Scaling" and thus stretches everything to fit the entire screen, regardless of the program's original aspect ratio. This seems like a very basic feature, and has been present in every laptop I've ever owned.

Thus far, I have tried installing several drivers from Intel's site, including the one indicated in the attached JPG -- win32_b_15333, which was recommended by Intel's own driver update utility -- both manually and via the provided setup program(s), but none will install.

Any advice regarding drivers, or any other tips or tricks that can accomplish what I would like?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Did you uninstall the old driver before trying to use the generic driver in our web site?

Have you updated the BIOS in the laptop you are using?

In addition, keep in mind that this is a x64 bit driver only. If you are using Microsoft* Windows* 8.1 x32, then the driver will not install

0 Kudos
JTerr5
Novice

This is honestly the most annoying bug in the software. Any time you create a custom resolution at 4:3, you have NO OPTION to maintain aspect ratio. It's complete crap. The driver always decides to stretch full screen.

Please make this the # 1 thing to fix. Make it so we can MAINTAIN ASPECT RATIO for custom resolutions.

I'm purposely bumping all aspect ratio questions so you programmers know how serious of an issue this is.

Also fix the limited 60hz problem for monitors that can go to 120hz. That's another huge bug.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

hello Oscarkool, this problem has been reported here: /thread/51712 Where is "maintain aspect ratio" for Intel HD 4000 on Windows 8.1?

Thanks,

0 Kudos