Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Asus ux303LA with HD graphics 5500

KKele
Beginner

Hi,

I have Asus ux303LA with HD graphics 5500 with windows 8.1. I installed Wİndows 10 to other partition.

On Win 10 the screen flickers on wake up from sleep. I open task manager and it keeps on flickering.

When I disable hd graphics 5500 driver from device manager, it stops flicering and if I enabe it again, it dont flicker. Until it goes to sleep or screen turns off.

Recent driver version is 10.18.15.4274. Newer drivers on your web site are not accepted by system to install. This is the latest driver on ASUS web site.

When I contacted Asus they offered me to send device to maintanance but it is obvious that the problem is about the driver.

So I would like to check with you if there is any awareness of this situation and if there will be a new driver coming out soon.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello kertenkele,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Please download and see if you can install our generic driver from the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

It is true that there is some flickering with the graphics driver and Windows 10 and we are working on a new driver in order to solve problems with flickering, at this point we don't have a timeframe when the new driver will be release but hopefully it will be soon.

Intel provides generic versions of drivers for general purposes. Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to your driver. Intel recommends you contact your computer manufacturer for the latest system specific updates and technical support information.

Best regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos