Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Audio Issues and known bug ID - INFO NEED.

Makas
New Contributor I

Hi Intel Customer Support.

Would like to see if there is any information on bug "bug id 22016601751".

Also, can you please help to understand further questions which arise around this bug?

1. Is there an estimated timeline for when the bug will be resolved?
  2. Will there be a patch or firmware update released to fix the bug?
  3. Has Intel identified the root cause of the bug, and if so, can you share this information with me?
  4. Are there any known risks or side effects of the bug that I should be aware of?
  5. Can you provide me with any additional information or details about the bug that may be helpful for me to know?
  6. How can I stay informed about any updates or changes related to the bug? (forums too slow)
  7. Is there anything else I should be aware of or any additional steps I can take to address the bug?

Many Thanks in advance for your answers.

11 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello Makas,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Makas
New Contributor I

Jean,

Also would like to add...

Why this bug id 22016601751 is not listed on the Arc known issues section?

Please see below;

"KNOWN ISSUES:
Intel® Arc™ Graphics Products:
• Diablo 4 (Beta)* may exhibit corruption on character during gameplay with ‘Highlight Character When
Obscured’ setting enabled.
• Sea of Thieves* (DX11) may exhibit color corruption on water edges.
• Conqueror’s Blade* (DX11) may exhibit corruption in benchmark mode.
• System may hang while waking up from sleep. May need to power cycle the system for recovery.
• GPU hardware acceleration may not be available for media playback and encode with some versions of Adobe
Premiere Pro.
• Blender may exhibit corruption while using Ni**bleep**a Sky texture node."

This bug has been identified for ages now and you are listing new issues for example like Diablo4... Why is that?

0 Kudos
PH8
New Contributor I

We are many people waiting for the bugfix for this one.

Another thread here about the same problem: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/ARC-A770-is-killing-my-audio/td-p/1443864

Intel, what is the response?

Makas
New Contributor I
Hi PH8.

Thanks for your reply.

I looked at your link and unfortunately all the information there is out of date and I am fully aware of what was discussed there.

Best Regards
0 Kudos
PH8
New Contributor I

Hello Makas

You are welcome.

Can you point out which information is outdated?

That thread is about the same problem mentioned here bug id 22016601751 and last post is as of today 17/4/2023.

People are trying latest drivers etc but still problems with audio.

Regards

0 Kudos
Makas
New Contributor I
Hi PH8,

There are more forum threads in regards to this issue, but could you tell me what was found as a work around? Apart from turning re-bar off nothing really helps.
I v read all these relevant threads ages ago and as I understand now the ball is in the Intel's court.
Don't want to sound rude, but you posting here old thread assuming no one knows about it ? 🤣

I don't know what else to say....

0 Kudos
PH8
New Contributor I

There are no work-arounds afaik. 

Me posting the topic is to help keep the awareness of the bug alive / if there is enough buzz around one can hope that mainstream media will pick it up and write about it and eventually entice Intel to do something about it (obviously this may be wishful thinking). It seems like Intel does not prioritize this bug at all with it being reported in late 2022.

I do not assume anything - I have no idea what threads you are reading or not reading - others may not read the same as you, so that other thread and this one may be helpful to others than yourself.

Vincococka
Novice

I can confirm that I have audio glitches and crackling on USB DAC too.

HW:

• ASUS Q670m-c-csm, BIOS 2209, latest Management Engine FW from ASUS applied
  • 2x DDR5 5600MT/s Kingston 16GB
  • CPU Intel Core i5-13600k /w builtin GPU UHD 770

SW used:

• OS-1 : Win10 22H2 + April 2023 update (19045.2846)
  • driver in os-1 GPU: Intel UHD 31.0.101.4255
  • driver in os-1 chipset: driver 10.1.19444.8378 (required for RaptorLake CPU as official ones from ASUS causes BSOD)
  • OS-2 : ArchLinux /w kernel 6.2

Tried all combinations of following BIOS settings:

Above 4G decoding = disabled / enabled

Resizable BAR = disabled / enabled (can be enabled only when Above 4G decoding is enabled too).

Still having sporadical glitches here and there on Windows (OS-1) every couple of minutes.

But - ArchLinux (OS-2_ is playing audio without any problem.

Makas
New Contributor I
Hi Vincococka,

Can you try latest BETA drivers 31.0.101.4311 and check if there is any Improvement?

Many Thanks 🙏
0 Kudos
Vincococka
Novice

Thanks for advice - I tried BETA 31.0.101.4311 and after playing FLAC audio for 6min 15 seconds first audio glitch appeared.

So we are not there yet - I hope that Intel engineers are on proper track, debugging drivers/OS interrupts/HW issues is more than challenging.. keepin' fingers crossed and let the hope stay within all of us.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Makas,

We appreciate your patience.

Here are the answers to your questions regarding the 22016601751:

Is there an estimated timeline for when the bug will be resolved?

• No, we can't provide ETA or timeline.

Will there be a patch or firmware update released to fix the bug?

• Yes, we are looking for a fix to this bug.

Has Intel identified the root cause of the bug, and if so, can you share this information with me?

• We believe we have, but we can't discuss the information.

Are there any known risks or side effects of the bug that I should be aware of?

• No.

Can you provide me with any additional information or details about the bug that may be helpful for me to know?

• Not at this time, only that we are working on it.

How can I stay informed about any updates or changes related to the bug? (forums too slow)

• Check Release Notes for each driver update.

Is there anything else I should be aware of or any additional steps I can take to address the bug?

• Nothing on the user side as we are aware of and working on it.

Since this is the information we can share at the moment, we will close this thread now. If you need more information, please submit a new question because this thread won't be monitored anymore.  

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos