Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Audio through HDMI and Monitor sleep

MNemi
Beginner

Hello.

I am using my digital receiver Onkyo TX-SR309 to play audio from ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 with Core i7 3770K connected with HDMI-HDMI cable.

Here is situation: I am listening radio and don't use OS, so after the idle time in Power managent of user inactivity, OS send in sleep monitor and sound at receiver disappear.

I found only one driver 15.31.18.3272 from ASRock (Graphics 9.18.10.3272 and 6.16.0.3112 audio) that don't stop playing after system enters monitor in sleep after idle.

I try some next and new 15.33.9.3355 but always get lost of sound from HDMI when OS send monitors in sleep.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi MaKCuMyC,

Please try changing the power options in your system. Follow the next instructions:

1. Start Menu > Power Options> Choose when to turn off the Display:

2. Click Change advanced power Settings:

3. Check for the Sleep options and configure it to never as the image shows:

4. Look for the Display option and change the configuration to Never as shown in the image:

Let me know if this works for you.

0 Kudos
MNemi
Beginner

Hello, Kevin!

Of course setting "Turn off display after" to "Never" don't brake audio stream to receiver. But it isn't solution. I can't let monitor always power up.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Have you tested the configuration above but without setting the monitor to never turn off Display? Is it working fine?

0 Kudos
MNemi
Beginner

Dear Kevin, please, read first message.

If I set some number of setting "Turn off display after", then sound stops when monitor goes sleep.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos