Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Auto brightness functionality/power saving mode

unwantedfeature
Beginner

After almost 2 years of trying to figure out why my screen appeared to flicker, I finally figured out it had to do with some Intel graphics setting. Unfortunately due to some hardware issue I needed to send my computer in to Lenovo to have it repaired in which case they deleted all of my data and other problems arose . After the hard drive was wiped, the Intel Graphics Command Center seems to be an entirely different version and the setting that controlled the auto-brightness/power saving screen feature has completely changed or is no longer available. 

How is the auto-brightness/power saving screen mode turned off in Intel Graphics Command Center version 1.100.3408.0? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello unwantedfeature,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

That option it is not available in the Intel® Graphics Command Center, but you can disable Auto-brightness by following these steps:

1. Go to Start.
  2. Go to Control Panel.
  3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
  4. Select Power Options.
  5. Go to Change plan settings.
  6. Click on Change advanced power settings.
  7. Select Display and turn the option to Off.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos