Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

BIOS flash failed on ProBook 4710s (PM45 Express Chipset ICH9M-Enhanced)

idata
Employee

Hello..

Few days ago I updated BIOS from windows to http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3935157&prodNameId=3935158&swEnvOID=4061&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-85460-1 F.17 version, but the problem was that the notebook started to work slower than before. (it wasn't Windows, because I tried to kill all proccesses and most of the services and it didn't help).

So I've decided to flash BIOS to http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3935157&prodNameId=3935158&swEnvOID=4061&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-82591-1 F.15 version, I've updated BIOS and restarted (from boot CD). Notebook restarted two times with a blank screen, but the second time it stayed blank and Capslock was blinking all the time.

And now I have a notebook with one blinking LED!!!!! nice....

BIOS update was downloaded from HP and the update didn't show any problems.

As I found out I have to press some key combination to run crisis recovery, something like Win+B, Func+B, Func+Esc or Win+Esc. But all these key combinations doesn't do anything!

It should run crisis recovery and than it should check USB stick for new bios, which is in the USB stick under a certain name (which I don't know, but I think it's 68PZI.BIN).

And another questions is which BIOS does this chipset have??? Phoenix?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

A problem with BIOS flashing it is recommended that you contact your computer manufacturer. Intel does not designed BIOS programs for Original Equipment Manufacturer computers.

idata
Employee

I have a similar problem with a HP nw8440, with the Mobile Intel 945PM Express Chipset.

HP is no help. Their techs just tell me to replace components until it works.

While researching this problem I have seen numerous posts that describe procedures for recovering into a default BIOS, but have been unable to find the steps for this chipset.

If you find anything, please let me know. I will do likewise.

TQ

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

When this happened to me I still had warranty for my notebook.. so I've send it to HP and they had to change the whole motherboard...

0 Kudos