Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21280 Discussions

BROADCAST_RGB option in linux intel video driver?

THors2
Beginner

Is there a kernel option I can put on the grub kernel boot line to make the default setting for the Broadcast RGB option be "Full"? Ever since the default changed, I've had this annoying "mist" over my screen :-). I would like to set the option at boot time if possible so the boot messages are clear enough to read. I can set it after boot with the xrandr command, but I'd love to blow away the mist earlier than that.

Lacking that, does anyone have an actual working example of a file I could stick in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d to set this option on the HDMI2 output? The xorg docs all seem to be encrypted text that only looks a little like english...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DArce
Valued Contributor III

You may need to check on this directly with the driver developer or your Linux* distributor.

For more information on Linux* support for Intel(R) video drivers, please refer to:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-010512.htm Graphics — Drivers for Linux*

0 Kudos