Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20911 Discussions

Driver Crash

wbona
Beginner

Hi,

I have a Samsung R530 laptop, in it there is a "Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family" graphic adaptor.

my problem is, everytime I enable this drives, the laptop gets to a certain point in the boot up process then crashes.

the laptop works perfectly fine with the driver disabled but obviously the display resolution is rubbish.

I have the latest drivers and that did not help.

thank you in advance

Wiz

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wbona
Beginner

Just to add, the laptop actually doesn't crash all the time, most of the time it works fine, the screen goes black but the laptop keeps working.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Wizb,

The drivers we have from our side are generic drivers for your computer.

You can try downloading the driver for your computer at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22167&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%2864-bit%29*&DownloadType https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22167&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%2864-bit%29*&DownloadType=

In case, this is the driver you have been using, I recommend you contacting the system manufacturer to get the latest drivers from them. Also, updating the BIOS chipset can help on this situation.

wbona
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the reply, I tried that driver and my bios are fully up to date. everytime I enable the driver, the laptop crashes once it gets to the desktop. it works fine if the graphic driver is disabled.

if anyone has any clue on how to fix this, please let me know.

many thanks

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Wizb,

At this point, since you have installed the latest driver from our side and it is still crashing I recommend you contacting Samsung support so they can provide the graphics driver for your unit. This is because we provide the hardware to the system manufacturer and they will design their drivers specifically for the units.

0 Kudos