My laptop screen goes black screen without the keyboard or anything working, even after I restart it still remains black. When I change my hard drive and put one with Ubuntu 20.04 it works perfectly without the black screen. It has been three months and I can't use windows on my pc because without the graphics driver, the brightness cannot be lowered. I tried reinstalling the driver from safe mode it didn't work out of safe mode. Can anyone help me out here I really need windows 10 back, it will change my life, its been 4 months since this problem occurred.
I have attached my SSU file
1. You shouldn't install this driver version 184.108.40.20681, since laptop drivers are very customized by the OEM. In your case the last Intel driver form the OEM is version 220.127.116.1136. Since your laptop is equipped with NVIDIA Graphics Adapter, the latest Nvidia Graphics Driver is version 18.104.22.16812. All latest drivers and latest BIOS version F.56 Rev.A as well, you may download from the HP download site for OMEN by HP 15-ax200ni Laptop PC
2. In order to bring your laptop back to working condition, you may try to restore the latest working configuration. This menu you can reach after booting from Window Installation Media USB:
- Boot from your Windows 10 installation USB.
- Select your language preferences and click/tap on Next.
- Click/tap on Repair your computer at the bottom.
- Click/tap on Troubleshoot.
- Click/tap on Advanced options.
- Click/tap on System Restore (use a restore point recorder on your PC to restore Windows).
- If prompted, click/tap on an administrator and follow the instruction on screen. Select the restore point form the list.
- After few Nexts, click Finish confirmed by Yes - the restore will start.
- Your PC will now restart and perform a System Restore.
- When the System Restore has completed successfully, click/tap on Restart.
Hope this helps