Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Detailed explanation of "IT Content" option in Control Panel

MMut
Beginner

Hi,

Can any generous soul explain the function of the "IT Content" option available in the Intel HD Control Panel on my Intel HD 4600 GPU?

Link to image showing option in Control Panel: http://i.imgur.com/8pt5GaB.png http://i.imgur.com/8pt5GaB.png

Thanks in advance

Yours,

MathuSum Mut

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, MathuSum Mut:

This is setting that would be available while using HDMI interface in your system.

It is related to text/video performance regarding quality.

Basically this could improve either text or video quality while enabling it or disabling it.

Regards,

Esteban C

View solution in original post

7 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, MathuSum Mut:

This is setting that would be available while using HDMI interface in your system.

It is related to text/video performance regarding quality.

Basically this could improve either text or video quality while enabling it or disabling it.

Regards,

Esteban C

MMut
Beginner

I was hoping for greater detail, but thanks that explanation would suffice.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, MathuSum Mut:

Let me further investigate into this setting in the Graphics panel, I will be providing you with the information as soon as possible.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, MathuSum Mut:

So I got some additional information about this option in the graphics control panel.

This option enables the display to use its own video quality processing algorithms, instead of the Intel® Graphics Driver, for movies played in full screen mode to ensure videos quality. The user can enable or disable IT Content.

This is a HDMI feature which supports from HDMI1.4 onwards, so this feature is applicable only for HDMI displays. HDMI1.4 spec will give more details about this feature. The Content Type feature enables a display to auto-select the correct viewing mode to match the content type it is currently receiving from a source device, and to switch modes when a new content source is selected. Content type support content profiles for gaming, movie, photos and text viewing modes.

If you require any further information or support, we are here to assist you for sure.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
MMut
Beginner

Detailed and concise, could not wish for more, thanks a bunch for your response!

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, MathuSum Mut:

I am glad to hear that the information provided to you was useful and clear.

If you require any further information or support, feel free to contact the Intel Communities again.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
eastavin
Beginner

>>>this could improve either text or video quality while enabling it or disabling it.<<<

So how do we read this?  enabling it makes better video, worse text AND then disabling it makes better text and worse video?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos