Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20783 Discussions

Black screen after installing Intel HD graphics driver

idata
Employee

Greetings

I recently bought a new Asus K53SJ without a operating system.

At home i installed Windows 7 professional 64 bit and installed drivers provided with the laptop (windows 7 64 bit)

After installing Intel HD graphics driver the computer wont boot up after the windows logo (black screen).

Only way to resolve the issue is to remove intel graphics driver...

after that its works fine but with low graphics

Ive tried various different drivers provided on intel homepage but results are the same, black screen after windows logo.

Can anyone please help me resolve this issue

Thank you

Laptop information:

Protcessor: Intel i5 2410M 2.3GHz

Memory: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

Harddrive: 640GB 5400RPM

Graphicscard: nVIDIA GeForce GT520M 1GB

Screen: 15.6'' WXGA 1366x768 LED Glare

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VNiel
Beginner

Is nvidia optimus implemented? Otherwise this may be the cause to the bsod.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ive tried both with and without optimus driver.. the result is the same black screen after installing intel hd graphics driver

also it might be due optimus not being installed at all

as i dont see it on add/remove programs after installation

0 Kudos
VNiel
Beginner

You have to ask ASUS if they did; it doesn't matter if you install it or not. I believe that Optimus is not imlpemented and two graphic driver will only cause trouble.

Make it easy for yourself and don't bother; it's only a waste of time (I am not trying to sounds rude and ignorant but why solve something when you already have a solution.)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I would look in bios first and see what graphics is listed, and depending on what is there use those drivers.

You might get lucky and not have to use Intel HD drivers, if you dont have Intel completely remove Intel HD drivers from your system, to resolve the conflict

0 Kudos