Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Black visual artifacts during animations and black screens during videos

hpmain
Novice

Since September I have had annoying issues with my laptop. Firstly, Videos are black except in only certain situations. When I boot up my computer, I must deactivate then reactivate my integrated graphics to watch Youtube videos, and I must keep it disabled if I am to use Zoom. With Windows Media Player or VLC, whether or not a video is black depends, seemingly randomly, on the resolution of the video, what display it is playing on, if it is in fullscreen, if the borders of the window are touching the borders of the screen, and whether or not the interface HUD is being displayed. Video also does not work in Adobe Premiere.

I've also been getting visual artifacts all the time. For example, if I'm playing a game and I press control (I have my setting set to play an animation around my mouse when crtl is pressed), the animation plays but it is surrounded by a black square. While using Microsoft Word, basically any animation will be accompanied by black boxes everywhere.

I have messed with my drivers, rolling them back once the issue first occurred and updating them in the months since.

System Model: Dell Inspiron 5577
CPU: i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz
GPU: Geforce GTX 1050

I have attached my SSU summary, I would also like to attach examples of these issues, but I, unfortunately, cannot use OBS because of these problems.

My computer is nearly unusable.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
hpmain
Novice

Removed some Trojans and reset my PC and everything seems to be working fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hpmain
Novice

Removed some Trojans and reset my PC and everything seems to be working fine now.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @hpmain

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you were able to solve the problem and we are glad to know that.

Since the thread has been marked as "Solved" we will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos