Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards HD630

杰霍
Novice

When i using Photoshop CC2018 and adjusting my photo, the screen start to flickering. And it also happened in Adobe Camera Raw. I've try to rebuild my Windows, setup lenove's or intel's latest graphics drivers, but it doesn't help. My laptop is i5-7300hq HD630+GTX1050ti. And i also find some similar cases like mine.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2447785 Brightness Flickering in Photoshop CC 2018 | Adob...

/message/555682# 555682 Dual Graphics cards problem

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1042260/geforce-drivers/photoshop-brightness-flickering/?offset=4# 5832970 https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1042260/...

This problem is so annoying, really hope somebody can help with me here.

33 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello TigerIIV,

I understand that you are currently experiencing problems when using photoshop with dual graphics card.

Regarding this, I was researching some about the problem that you have and I was able to find an article provided by adobe* which could address the issue. Please refer to the link below and I strongly suggest to follow the steps provided there:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

* Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. *

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
杰霍
Novice

I've tried all adobe's ideas. The only one idea can help is completely disable the graphics processor. But it makes my Photoshop works slowly without graphics processor.

As long as i choose nvidia graphics for Photoshop the screen will flicker in it and neither i choose intel or nvidia graphics the screen still flicker in Adobe Camera Raw.

I've tried to install both intel and nvidia's latest drivers. And uninstall them, install lenove's latest drives. Neither drivers can't slove this issue.

I really hope intel can work with this problem. Adobe said this is not their fault, intel said this is not their fault and nvidia said this is not their fault, at last it can't really solve the issue. It makes customers feel helpless and disappointed.

Why i think intel can solve this issue. Because i try an intel graphics old driver (21.xxxx, the newest is 24.xxx) . It really solved the flickering issue in Photoshop, but it still flickers in Adobe Camera Raw. So it shows intel's driver has ability to solve this issue.

0 Kudos
Kalyan
Beginner

Hey man! I am facing the same issue here with my Dell XPS 9570 i9. I am not able to find the 21.xxxx drivers anywhere online. Could you please provide me a link or a way to download it. I am a photographer and I'm just unable to use Photoshop without getting a headache. I've already been in touch with the XPS support team from 2 weeks they are still trying to figure out the problem. Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello TigerIIV,

Thank you for your response.

We are currently investigating this. It will take time so please allow me to check the details and I will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Cteja
Novice

I have the same problem with the Intel graphics card on Photoshop CC 2018.

When I use my Nvidia gtx1060 flickers and when i switch to Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 they stills flickering in adobe camera raw.

I am convinced that the problem is in the intel's driver.

Please!!! Fix this problem is very annoying.

0 Kudos
杰霍
Novice

Hello,

What's the progress of this issue? Did intel working with it and found out the source of the issue?

I'm considering buying a new laptop to solve it, though this really waste money. So i want to confirm is it possible for intel to solve this issue before i make dicision.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello TigerIIV,

We are currently trying to replicate the problem and see if the issue is present. In the meantime, if possible, please fill out the information requested in the thread below and post it in this thread:

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

This information will help us even more in the replication of the problem.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
杰霍
Novice

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Always

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%):

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

LenoveR720-15IKBN(1050Ti) Windows10 Home 1803

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Yes. Nvidia GTX1050Ti

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)<td...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello TigerIIV,

We are currently running the tests and attempting to replicate the issue. Please allow us some time as we attempt to reproduce the problem so we can assist you further.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello TigerIIV,

Thank you for your patience.

Just updating you that we have the necessary equipment now to proceed with the replication of the problem, I apologize for the delay. The program has also been installed, I will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
杰霍
Novice

It seems that the newest driver(24.20.100.6286) doesn't solve the issue.

I've changed a new hp omen computer to 'solve' the issue and sold out my lenove, so i can't test it on my computer.

But i test this newest driver on my classmate's lenove, which is the same series and has a nearly completely same hardware as mine old lenove. 7th i5 and nvidia gtx1050(1050ti on mine). The issue still happened.

I don't know if adobe release a new ps version to assist solving the problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello TigerIIV,

We have been running some tests to verify and replicate the problem, my apologies for the delay; however, I would like to know if with the new computer you have gotten the issue persists, if not, please let me know.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
杰霍
Novice

This issue doesn't happen on my new computer, and that's why i chose it.

But I suspect this issue is due to adobe's software. Because when i shift original and adjusted view in Lightroom, the grey space beyond the photo will show a different Grayscale.

And it may due to nvidia and intel are using a different gamma curve, so when the software apply a same value's grayscale to nvidia and intel's graphics or cpu, the actual grayscale on screen will looks different when shifting operation between nvidia or intel ?

0 Kudos
RTahe
Beginner

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 15 7590 with the same issue. Has this been fixed?

0 Kudos
OJaza
Beginner

I have the exact same problem, my Lenovo laptop has almost the same specs...

Intel i7-7700HQ

Nvidia GTX 1050ti

please help

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Obada-Jaz,

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please submit a new thread since we handle every case individually and every scenario is different even if the same product is being used. The next agent will be able to further assist you on this matter.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
DZark
Beginner

I am facing the same problem here.After the fresh drivers 24.20.100.6286 nothing changed...

Its not only in Photoshop. The same happens in google chrome when a Youtube is played. When you pass the mouse over the video there is a color change special in reds. If you close system acceleration the problem is fixed but the performance goes down as it happens in Photoshop. Please find a solution its a shame that this happens. it will force me to sell my laptop...

My laptop is a xiaomi mi notebook pro

i7-8550U

GeForce MX150

As i am thinking this problem i believe that its not flickering but its different color space that Intel uses. Maybe you can check the color reproduction and if you make it same as Nvidia the problem will be solved

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello aplo139,

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please submit a new thread since we handle every case individually and every scenario is different even if the same product is being used. The next agent will be able to further assist you on this matter.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
Cteja
Novice

I installed and old intel's driver (Version: 21.20.164860) and the problem was fix in photoshop cc but not in the camera raw interface. What is the progress with this issue? Please Intel, this problem is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
AMine2
Beginner

Some apps (Photoshop CC, Davinci Resolve Studio) flicker constantly, dimming and brightening its interface. The only way to work around this issue I found so far is to disable Intel Graphics 630 and enable it again. Then the problem goes away for an hour or so with Photoshop (no effect on Davinci though, but none flickers if Intel Graphics is disabled and only NVIDIA is running but it crashes screen resolution settings, color profile, etc).

0 Kudos