Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21065 Discussions

Brightness flickering on latest driver

pranav45
Beginner
I am facing a weird brightness flickering issue after installing any driver after the 31.0.101.4032 UHD graphics driver for my i5 11400H (Specs: Acer Nitro 5, i5 11400H, RTX 3050, 16GB Ram, Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1635). Only this driver and and the drivers past it are stable and other latest drivers are causing trouble. Already tried reinstalling windows 11 from usb and clean re-installing display driver, didnt work.
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I see so many of these problems with Acer Nitro devices.

Have you contacted Acer?  Have you update your bios?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
pranav45
Beginner

Not contacted Acer and my bios version is the latest. They have a very old driver listed on their driver website. I was updating drivers through Intel driver assistant since very long but this started after that particular driver.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sometimes, the manufacturer of the device will modify the driver to suit their hardware.  Even though the driver is "old", it is the one you should be using.   The intel generic driver is not necessarily suited for your hardware.

If the driver provided by acer works, then you need to have acer update the driver, or you need to stay with that "old" driver.

Also, is there a specific reason, other than having the "latest", for having the Intel driver?

As I said in my last post, I see a lot of these Acer Nitro problems.   My first stop with be Acer tech support.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
pranav45
Beginner

Well alright then, I'll downgrade to the driver provided there. Thanks for the assistance.

0 Kudos