Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Brightness not working

EGonz11
Beginner

Hello. The brightness keys of my laptop are not working. I tried everything, installing the latest drivers, checking power saving options, trying to change it from mobility utilities. I had a W10, it was not working so I decided to downgrade to W7 but still not working.

I got a Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 and PLUS I got a AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series.

So I noticed that when I disabled the AMD, when I restarted, my display was a lot brighter but still the keys are not working.

One thing that I noticed is that when I am starting the computer, in the small time that the computer brand shows, before windows start, I can change the brightness (so the keys are working). Help.

Maybe my drivers are wrong? Maybe a compatibility issue? What should I do? IDK. I am going blind.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

You MUST use the drivers provided by your laptop manufacturer, especially since you have dual graphics.

Additionally, HD3000 is not supported on Windows 10:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics-drivers.html

WIth HD 3000 on Windows 10, the best you can do is to use the generic driver provided by Microsoft.

Doc

0 Kudos