Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

[Bug] Netflix artifacts all over the place with UHD 750

Roland_87
New Contributor I

When I play Netflix in 4K with HDR, there are artifacts all over the place. It is horrible to watch and makes my computer completely useless for watching movies.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Roland_87, I just received an update on this matter.

"Artifacts reduced by 90% but are still present in Netflix", perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the issue was reduced by 90% in Netflix after installing our most recent graphics driver.

In reference to our update, we really appreciate the feedback that you shared in our Intel® Forums and just to let you know, we created a BUG ID and we are working on this matter with the corresponding team and hope to have a fix soon. Unfortunately, there is no ETA as to when the fix will be implemented or if a new graphics driver release will be needed. For that reason, I just wanted to check if you agree for us to close this thread? Pretty much all is left to do now is to wait for a possible fix or a driver release. You will be able to know and see those details and possible updates on this topic or any other matter on our official website where all the driver releases are officially posted:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Roland_87
New Contributor I

Can someone help me out? I'm thinking about starting a reddit page about this issue because no one is even trying to help me out.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Roland_87, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, since the problem is happening on two different computers, we are going to start with one of them and then continue with the other:

Computer 1:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

If you are using a desktop, what is the specific model of the monitor?

Are you using adapters/converters to connect the display to the computer?

Are you using a video card, if so what is the specific model of it?

Was this same machine working fine before with Netflix?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Roland_87
New Contributor I

Dear Albert, thank you for your reply:

• Motherboard: MSI H510I PRO WIFI
    • HDMI 2.0B
    • Intel® H510 Chipset
  • It is a new Desktop PC
  • Date of purchase: 20-10-2021
  • Monitor: LG TV 49UJ670V
    • Deep color on: Support 4K @ 50/60 Hz (4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0)
    • HDR On
  • Tested two scenarios:
    • Played "6 underground and squid game" with receiver (Yamaha RX-V4A with HDMI 2.1)
    • Played "6 underground and squid game" directly on TV
  • Tested on Windows 10 and 11 with HDR on
  • Problem: white artifacts while playing 4K content with HDR on Netflix
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Roland_87, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the reports.

According to the SSU report, currently, the graphics driver version installed on your computer is 30.0.100.9955, which is a driver provided by Intel®.

Just to let you know, the Intel® drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your specific platform. For that reason, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer/board, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I look on MSI's website and the first thing I noticed is that the board is not validated yet for Windows*11, which means all the drivers they have in there are for Windows* 10. Still, for testing purposes, we can try to do a clean installation of the latest graphics driver they have available, which is version 27.20.100.9127, following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H510I-PRO-WIFI#down-driver&Win10%2064

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

"Played "6 underground and squid game" directly on TV", what were the results, is the problem showing using that configuration as well?

Since the problem only happens with Netflix, was this same machine working fine before with Netflix?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

In the following link you will find additional details about Netflix:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030192.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Roland_87
New Contributor I

Hey Alberto, thank you for the quick reply. I've tried all your suggestions:

• When the TV was directly connected via HDMI to the motherboard, the artifacts did still pop-up when Netflix uses the HVEC codec. But the artifacts disappeared when disabling HDR.
  • Instead of using a TV, I've connected the Dell S3220DGF through HDMI and enabled HDR. Same artifacts appear on Netflix. This is clearly visible in dark scenes where some white pixels pop-up. 
  • I have also tried other RAM and updated the bios to the latest state, but all changes didn't make any difference. When using an nVidia graphics card, all problems are solved. But I prefer to use the Intel UHD750 graphics because it's meant to be energy efficient as possible and I really like the clean-look of the drivers.
  • I've tried installing Windows 10 again on the system and even installed MSI drivers (27.20.100.9127). Same issue appears again in Netflix.
  • I've asked a friend who has an Intel HD730 on an Intel 11400 11th gen CPU to try this. He has the same experience: artifacts all over the place.

So far I can only conclude that Intel Graphics, HDR, HVEC codec and Netflix causes artifacts. No matter what hardware changes are made, like memory, screens, HDMI cables, drivers, HVEC codecs and even Netflix in browser.

If you need more tests done and more information, let me know. I will do all I can to get this fixed. And thanks again for the help! I'm happy that Intel takes this issue seriously.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hey Roland_87, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those details.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates or if more information is needed I will let you know on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Roland_87
New Contributor I

Thank you! 🙂 I will follow this topic closely.

0 Kudos
Roland_87
New Contributor I

Driver 30.0.101.1069 solved part of the problem. Artifacts reduced by 90% but are still present in Netflix. Do you have any news about this issue?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Roland_87, I just received an update on this matter.

"Artifacts reduced by 90% but are still present in Netflix", perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the issue was reduced by 90% in Netflix after installing our most recent graphics driver.

In reference to our update, we really appreciate the feedback that you shared in our Intel® Forums and just to let you know, we created a BUG ID and we are working on this matter with the corresponding team and hope to have a fix soon. Unfortunately, there is no ETA as to when the fix will be implemented or if a new graphics driver release will be needed. For that reason, I just wanted to check if you agree for us to close this thread? Pretty much all is left to do now is to wait for a possible fix or a driver release. You will be able to know and see those details and possible updates on this topic or any other matter on our official website where all the driver releases are officially posted:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Roland_87
New Contributor I

@Alberto_R_Intel Thank you for quick reply and all of your support. I'll wait for the upcoming drivers then.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Roland_87, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

"I'll wait for the upcoming drivers then.", yes, perfect, that is the best thing to do right now for this scenario.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos