Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20795 Discussions

(Bug)VRAM Read bandwidth metric of Intel's Arc Control In-Game Overlay is capped at 10.000 MB/s

NikosD
New Contributor I

Hello.

It seems that VRAM Read bandwidth metric of Intel's Arc Control In-Game Overlay has a max value of 10.000 MB/s.

It doesn't matter how hard GPU VRAM is used by an app, the VRAM Read Bandwidth Metric is capped at 10.000MB/s (no matter what).

It's a bug.

Win 11 Pro 23H2 - Intel Arc A380 - Drivers v5445

Bug - VRAM Read BandwidthBug - VRAM Read Bandwidth

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NikosD,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

May we know when you first noticed the issue? and have you made any changes prior to the issue?

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NikosD
New Contributor I

Hello Carmona.

I noticed this issue immediately after installing Windows 11 Pro and running a few apps.

Even during video decoding process of large 8K clips in Youtube or any application that is using the GPU memory/ processor intensively.

I didn't do any change prior to the issue, it was there from the beginning.

BR,

Nikos

ACarmona_Intel

Hello NikosD,

Thank you so much for the quick response.

Please perform a clean installation using DDU, then install our latest graphics driver, 31.0.101.5522.

If the issue still persists, please generate an SSU report to help us further analyze important details on your system, such as the complete model of your system, the current graphics driver version installed on your system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to Get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
NikosD
New Contributor I

Hello Carmona.

It seems that the issue is independent of a specific system (GPU-CPU-OS) as it is related specifically with Intel's drivers.

I found an older post with different system configuration, but with the same issue.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-Performance-Telemetry-giving-incorrect-VRAM-read-and-write/m-p/1554481#M126028

So, I would like someone from your team to try to reproduce it using any Arc card with any system configuration using latest driver v5522 and if you manage to see VRAM Read Bandwidth greater than 10.000MB/s, then I will uninstall my driver and try the latest one.

You can easily reproduce it just by playing a 8K60fps clip from YouTube for example.

BR,

Nikos

ACarmona_Intel

Hello NikosD,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us on this issue.

We will try to reproduce or do further research on this case.

By the way, I will post the response on this thread once it is available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos