Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Bug report for Intel Graphics DDC/CI

PTúri
Beginner

System Used: Lenovo e470

CPU SKU: i7-7500U

GPU SKU: HD Graphics 620

Display: Dell P2419HC (using HDMI cable)

DDC/CI brightness control with Dell Display Manager does not work with the latest driver 26.20.100.7812 but it works with an older driver eg. 26.20.100.7263.

I can't upgrade to any newer drivers than that because they were not approved by Lenovo.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PTúri,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

Intel provides generic versions of software and drivers. Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes.

Based on the description of the issue, this behavior is only present when using customized drivers. Have you contacted your computer vendor to obtain more information about this behavior?

Have they been able to reproduce this behavior in-house?

It is important to note that you may try to install a generic driver to know if this is a driver issue. However, you may lose customizations. Please let us know if you would like to test a generic driver for testing purposes.  

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PTúri,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

Intel provides generic versions of software and drivers. Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes.

Based on the description of the issue, this behavior is only present when using customized drivers. Have you contacted your computer vendor to obtain more information about this behavior?

Have they been able to reproduce this behavior in-house?

It is important to note that you may try to install a generic driver to know if this is a driver issue. However, you may lose customizations. Please let us know if you would like to test a generic driver for testing purposes.  

Wanner G.

IntelSupport

Hello PTúri,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided? 

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

PTúri
Beginner

Thank you, I have tested the latest generic Intel driver (8280) and the issue is fixed. However, I found the issue in an older version generic driver as well (7870).

I will contact Lenovo support and ask them to update the version of their customized driver.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hello PTúri,

Thank you for the update.

Based on troubleshooting performed, it seems that the issue is being caused by the customized driver. As you were saying, our recommendation is that you contact your computer vendor to request a customized driver.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
PTúri
Beginner

I did contact Lenovo and since then they released a new version of the customized driver which fixes the issue.

0 Kudos