Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

COMSOL Multiphys issue with 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz, Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics

Karkey
Beginner

Dear Team,

I am facing severe problem while using COMSOL multiphysics software in my new laptop "DELL VOSTRO 14 3000" with 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz, Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and 8GB RAM. 

I am unable to see graphical viewing and rotation of the geometry, so kindly advise me for this issue.  

After finding some suggestions through internet I was updated my all drives and software's but no response. 

I did not facing the above problem in my old laptop with Intel i3 processor and since there is no external graphics cards,

So kindly let me know the reason for this issue.    

Looking forward to your reply/suggestion,

Thanks & Regards,

Karkey

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Karkey,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer:   https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

3. Can you send any pictures or videos of the issue?

4. Was the tool working previously on this new laptop?

5. Have you tried with DELL drivers?

6. Have you run all the Windows updates, including optional updates?

7. Have you experienced issues with other apps or games?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Karkey,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Karkey
Beginner

Dear Deivid,

Thanks for reply and suggestion, 

1.  Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

Ans: Attached note file  (.txt)

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers,

Ans: Attached pictures (.JPG)

3. Can you send any pictures or videos of the issue?

Ans: I have attached a picture (COMSOL.JPG) and I am unable to rotate cube block. This is simulation software COMSOL Multiphysics. (Not Game software).   

4. Was the tool working previously on this new laptop?

Ans: No, never worked previously.  

5. Have you tried with DELL drivers?

Ans: I have tried updated dell drivers but there is no change and facing the same issue. 

Question: Can you suggest any new way to do this ?? 

6. Have you run all the Windows updates, including optional updates?

Ans: I am using Intel driver support assistant and its updated completely till date. (14th May 2021)

7. Have you experienced issues with other apps or games?

Ans: This is professional academic software (COMSOL Multiphysics), not like normal app or games.

Looking forward to your reply/solution for this,

Thanks and Regards,

Karkey  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Karkey

Thanks for the information provided, based on the report I would like you to try the following:

1. Clean installation of the graphics drivers.

- Driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30381/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?v=t

- Steps: https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

2. If possible, uninstall and reinstall the software.

3. Try with an external monitor, just to check if the issue is related to the laptop's screen.

4. Check for a BIOS update.

5. Try to get in contact with the software developer and check for any bugs.

6. If none of the previous steps worked, contact DELL and check for any incompatibility with the tool and this specific laptop. This is because the tool never worked on this machine.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Promasree
Beginner

Dear Deivid,

I am also facing same problem. I have bought laptop " DELL Inspiron 3501 11gen i5 8GB ram Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics card." COMSOL Multiphysics 5.5 is not showing graphics in real time in the graphics window. I have uninstalled and re-installed the software but the same problem persists. Its a grave problem. Nowadays all the new laptops are coming with intel iris xe graphics card. Customers have very less option. Please take this issue seriously and kindly provide a solution. 

I have read many forums and there are many people who are using COMSOL multiphysics facing this problem with Intel iris xe graphics card. Reaseach work completely depends on this software. please provide any solution as early as possible.

Previously I had sony viao laptop i3 with intel HD graphics card and the same software COMSOL multhiphysics was working extremely well. So the issue here is with graphics card.

I am extremely disappointed as a customer. Please provide help.

Regards

Promasree

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Karkey, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Karkey, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos