Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Can Integrated graphics card be replaced?

MDon0
Beginner

Hi,

I have HP

Pavilion x360 I dropped the laptop and I found local online a company NiwTech  https://www.niwtech.com where

they offer to fix the Laptop for me but they contact me back saying the

Graphics card is damaged from the impact and cannot be replaced because it's Integrated you cant replace the graphics card?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There is no Intel graphics card. If your laptop has Intel graphics, it is integrated with the processor. And, the processor is very likely soldered to the motherboard, and cannot be replaced.

So, you would need a new motherboard, which will be costly. I would buy a new laptop. HP is not on my list of favorites.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Adding to what Al is saying, if you had an additional graphics engine -- from NVIDIA, for example -- it would also be soldered to the laptop's motherboard and thus the entire motherboard needs to be replaced. The cost of this type of replacements is often higher than the cost of a new laptop. If this is the case, I would likely replace the whole laptop - oh, and I am not a lover of HP's crap either.

...S

0 Kudos