Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20708 Discussions

Can Intel HD Graphics 620 support two monitors in 2560x1440 resolution?

JAndr35
Novice

I am trying to run extended desktop over two HP Z27n G2 monitors, but one is put in a lower resolution, and I can't select the native 2560x1440 for it. They are both connected by display port to a HP USB-c dock, which is connected to the laptop by USB-c

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Waldek
Beginner

I was struggling with the same problem In my case with Lenovo Thinkpad with Lenovo Dockinging station.  Solution : do not use docking station. Connect both monitors directly to laptop - in my cases i used HDMI for first one and USB-C->DVI for second one  -> works as charm.

The problem (at least my uderstanding). Using docking station you can connect up to 2 x  4k monitors with only 30 hz. In my case my both monitors are 60hz and because of that there is problem with downscaling. 

I was trying to connect one monitor directly from Laptop and second from docking station - it didn't worked - not sure why. 

Hope this help.

Waldek

0 Kudos
RsW
Beginner

I finally worked out the problem and a workaround. The problem is, while the Intel HD Graphics 620 can support multiple monitors, it cannot support them at sufficient resolution and refresh rate to support two (or more) 4k UHD monitors.

If you are having this problem, you can use an add-on USB 3 to DVI, HDMI, DP adapter to drive the second/third monitor. Choose and USB 3 adapter depending on your additional monitor's resolution. If your monitor is 4k UHD, you may need to go to the more expensive USB 3 to DP adapter.

**bleep** 

0 Kudos
JDaustin
Beginner

Where can anyone find the confirmation on Intel UHD GPU 620 capability correctly?

ThinkPad X390 Yoga (13") Laptop, with 

8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8665U Processor with vPro™
(1.90 GHz, up to 4.80 GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 8 MB Cache)

& ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 (40AN)

I can't get 2 4k running @ 60hz.  DP or HDMI combination ...

ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 (40AN) states the output is depending on the ThinkPad system (laptop).

but the dock support 2 4k @ 60hz.

Work around, is to used USB monitor + the same dock to get both 4k monitor @ 60hz.

0 Kudos