Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Can not manually maximize a program window with the right border as I would press Maximize icon on program window

RGraf1
New Contributor I

I've fresh installed Windows 10 Pro 1607, 14393.1198 on an Asus Maximum IX Hero (latest Bios 0906) with i7-7700, 3.6 GHz and using monitor Samsung SMS24B750V with max. 1920x1080 via HDMI, the latest graphics driver 21.20.16.4664 is installed (base driver only).

1) When I try to select the right border of a program window with the mouse I can not move it to the max. right edge. The most right 20-30 pixels are not reachable. When I press the Maximize icon of the program window, the full size will be used.

2) Additional very strange is LibreOffice (5.3.3, 5.3.2), it does not show the main menu (text menues) - only the toolbars - and when I try to select a row with the mouse, the row above will be selected. Also when I try to select an icon of the 2nd toolbar, the icon above of the 1st toolbar will be selected. So it's impossible to work with LibreOffice.

I don't have these problems on my 3 year old Lenovo laptop (also 1920x1080) nor did I have these problems with my previous motherboard from Gigabyte (2010).

Enclosed 5 screen shots.

Compare Ultra-Edit MaximizeWorks - and with RightMaxNotPossibleWithMouse - the right part is used - not used (can not reach - a few black pixels from the background - a "black line").

See strange LibreOffice layout. Also the left shows cutted things, also the font is horrible to read. Didn't install an own Java 1.8u131.

Screen shots taken with SnagIt.

Any ideas?

Problem with LibreOffice is more important.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello rgIntel,

Thank you for joining the Graphics community.

I am having some issues understanding what you are reporting here this since a not familiar with the software you are using, and I would like to know if there is chance of rephrasing this two matters. If possible upload a short video with these issues.

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RGraf1
New Contributor I

Hi,

I also made a support request and they recommended I should install the driver from the motherboard suppler ... and funny - this older Intel Display driver version 4551 (which Intel download never offered?) works (for problem 2).

Downloaded & installed

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/ ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO | Motherboards | ASUS USA

- selected Windows 64bit, VGA

and downloaded VGA_2120164551_20170120_SZ_TP_Win10_64 ... driver version 21.20.16.4551 ...

unzipped, installed, rebooted, started LibreOffice 5.3.3 .. and menus are there and also the mouse works correctly (when I click into a row with the mouse THIS row will be selected and not. row above (or same problems with icons - click on icon in 2nd toolbar and the one icon from toolbar above will be selected).

On the Intel download center

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26772/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=98909 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45]

under other version you never offered driver version 4551 (missing in history list, 4542, 4590, 4627 - current 4664).

See enclosed screen shots:

So - how can this happen?

Does the motherboard supplier change the driver programs?

If yes, Isn't it possible to implement the Asus solution into your driver version - so we would profit from other changes?

As programmer for over 30 years I'm surprised that this happens.

Regarding problem 1 - this also happens on my Lenovo laptop and I think this is a Windows GUI (or mouse driver) problem.

But displaying the menu bar in LibreOffice in Asus driver 4551 (never offered from Intel) works and not with Intel driver 4664? (with other programs there is no problem - maybe its because LIbreOffice is programmed in Java (as far as I know) and delivers its own Java VM?).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/114464 rgIntel, I am glad to hear that the driver .4551 fixes the issue

I just wanted to let you know that Intel provides generic drivers for general purposes that might or might no work with third party devices. This is why we always recommend using the driver provided by the computer manufacturer and this because they are customized driver for your particular model.

From our end and for your graphics controller these are the generic drivers available; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/98909/Intel-HD-Graphics-630 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 630

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RGraf1
New Contributor I

Hi,

regarding thread title and problem 1) - please forget it. It's also on other computers. Sorry to post 2 problems in one thread.

Regarding problem 2) please see the new attached videos:

I've tried the older driver from Intel Download: win64_154516.4627 (OK) and the latest win64_154518.4664 (WRONG).

The following has changed when I use LibreOffice (5.3.3). Other "normal" programs (Explorer, UltraEdit, Opera, etc. ) are not infected. I think this happens because of the internal JVM (no idea)?

The latest driver 4664 has the following errors:

- the font is washy.

- the menu "File Edit View ... " won't be shown

- when I click into a row - the row above will be selected.

- when I click on an icon in the toolbar - the icon above from the 1st toolbar will be selected (problem like the row).

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1607, 14393.1198 on an Asus Maximum IX Hero (latest Bios 0906) with i7-7700, 3.6 GHz and using monitor Samsung SMS24B750V with max. 1920x1080 via HDMI

Video with driver 4627 (ok):

Video with driver 4664 (not ok):

Finally said - your generic driver 4627 has worked - 4664 does not anymore.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for the videos, it made the issue clear.

I was able to replicate this matter on an Intel® HD Graphics 620, see below;

Intel® HD Graphics .4627;

Intel® HD Graphics .4464;

I will proceed to review this matter, I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello rgIntel,

I was able to re-test LibreOffice 5.3.3.2 (x64) using our latest internal driver, and the menus are visible and working fine.

I cannot confirm when this new driver is going to be available on https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel Download Center, but it should be sooner rather than later.

I'll update this thread once the driver is available for download.

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
RGraf1
New Contributor I

Hi, I only want to let you know it also doesn't work with build 4678.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello rgIntel,

Thank you for your patience. Today we released a new driver baseline [15.46]. This is the same driver I used during our internal tests and it fixes the bugs with LibreOffice that were previously reported.

Please give this one a try and let me know your feedback.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.46]

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

RGraf1
New Contributor I

Hi Ronald,

thanks a lot - this build 22.20.16.4729 from 2017-07-05 works now correctly with LibreOffice.

Kind regards,

Robert

0 Kudos