Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Can't enable my Intel HD Graphics 4600, instead of "Microsoft Basic Display Driver".

PAfan
Beginner

Hey, my GeForce GTX 760 is broken, so I wanted to switch to integrated Intel HD 4600, but in "Properties tab" in "Advanced display settings" adapter appears as "Microsoft Basic Display Driver". In Device Manager it shows as Intel HD Graphics 4600. So how to properly switch? I don't have VGA port on my motherboard, so GTX760 is still on. Please, help!

My system:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Intel Core i5-4440 CPU @3.10GHz 3.10 GHz

Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 2433

NVidia GeForce GTX 760

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

If you do not have a VGA, DVI, HDMI, or DP port on your motherboard, there is nothing you can do except to replace your GTX 760 (which is what I would do).

If you do have one of the ports I mentioned above. remove your GTX 760 card, and use the DVI, HDMI, or DP port.

Now, if your monitor only has VGA, you should really get a new monitor. In the interim, you could get an adapter and connect to your monitor. Note that not all adapters are of the proper quality, and may not work.

Since we do not have a complete understanding of your system. download and run this utility, and attach the results.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Then, one of the Intel support engineers can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
PAfan
Beginner

I don't have any ports on my motherboard.

My monitor have VGA and DVI port.

Results below

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If this is your board, I see a vga port:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H81M-DS2-rev-10# ov GA-H81M-DS2 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

If this is incorrect, then you need to get a new graphics card.

Doc

0 Kudos
PAfan
Beginner

My bad, I actually can connect my monitor to motherboard with d-sub port. Now I can use my 4600, many thanks!

0 Kudos