Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21164 Discussions

Can't increase Iris Xe dedicated memory

chunkyint
Beginner

Hello, I got an issue with following hardware:

11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 with Iris Xe Graphics 

Thinkpad E14 Gen2 [20TA] (16gb DDR4, 500gb NVME)

Inside the Thinkpad UEFI there is a setting to dedicate the iGPU with either 256mb or 512mb.

I tried using both options, yet still it only states both in the display properties and inside the intel ARC Control that 128mb are dedicated. Also the Intel Arc control resizable Bar states that automatic detection whether this bar is supported is not available and I have the code "general-not-supported".

I have done every step on this guide: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091128/graphics.html

yet still it doesn't work. Intel Support Assist is installed.

Every Driver is installed and fresh since I took a lot of time updating everything involving Lenovo's Driver Assistant, Intel's Driver Assistant, Windows Update and also Driver Easy.

Windows states that it has 16GB (15.7gb usable).

UEFI is enabled and although there is no CSM option inside the UEFI, I believe that it has to be disabled.

I would be glad if anybody could help me.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello chunkyint,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that

It is important to mention that there is no way to preset your VRAM to a specific value, you can only limit the maximum memory that it can take. The Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) does not have dedicated memory; it uses shared memory that will be allocated automatically depending on various factors. The option to adjust the maximum memory is usually available in the BIOS as you have mentioned.

Additionally, check this article under the following section: What is the maximum amount of graphics memory or video memory my computer can use in Windows 10?

Also, the current VRAM can be confirmed by checking the information about Dedicated Memory under the Display Devices section in the DxDiag* report.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello chunkyint,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos