Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Can't install Intel UHD 730 Driver

dmv9955
Beginner

Hello everyone! I'm having trouble with a brand new PC. For some reason it doesn't want to detect the UHD 730 on the i5 11400. The device manager shows it as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" and trying to select update the driver says it is already up to date. The Intel assistant also says everything is up to date. My motherboard is ASUS Prime H510M-K. I downloaded the drivers from their website and it didn't let me install them either so I used the disc that came with the motherboard and the Management Engine Interface and Graphics driver still couldn't install. I've installed the 500 chipset driver. I entered the BIOS and made sure that the primary Display Adapter is the CPU Graphics even though I don't have a discrete GPU anyway. Nothing seems to work. This is the graphics driver I tried to install manually https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html but it gives me an error saying "Something went wrong. No driver was found that can be installed on the current device. Exit code: 8.". What is going on? I've also attached some Intel diagnostic log files in case they might help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @dmv9955 

You are running old Windows 10 version - version 1703.  Your CPU (Rocket Lake),

is compatible with Windows 10 64 bit, version 20H2 (not released yet) and with Windows 11 (just released). Please read the Release Notes  document which you may download from Driver Download Page

So, first update your Windows to version 20H1 and try if now the Graphics Driver can be installed (according to Release Notes, will not). Next you can upgrade your system to Windows 11 (is for free) and than it should work.

Leon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @dmv9955 

You are running old Windows 10 version - version 1703.  Your CPU (Rocket Lake),

is compatible with Windows 10 64 bit, version 20H2 (not released yet) and with Windows 11 (just released). Please read the Release Notes  document which you may download from Driver Download Page

So, first update your Windows to version 20H1 and try if now the Graphics Driver can be installed (according to Release Notes, will not). Next you can upgrade your system to Windows 11 (is for free) and than it should work.

Leon

dmv9955
Beginner
Yes, updating the Windows worked. Thank you very much! Everything works like a charm now
0 Kudos