Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20953 Discussions

Can't install Intel graphic driver

ceolardeo
Beginner

Hello,

On a fresh install of Windows 8.1, first thing I did (as I usually do) is install Intel Graphic driver but the driver, greeted me with a message that .Net framework is needed to install the driver although the system is fully updated with .Net framework 4.5, 4.6.1, 4.7.2, 4.8 & 3.5 installed. I checked twice.

Anyways, when I click "download & install" nothing happens for a second and then installer just quits itself. Probably because it detects the .Net framework to be already installed ?

Here's some further information:

Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18799/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-45.html

Logfile: Attached

Please note again, I downloaded other packages from Intel too and they give the same error.

How can I resolve this problem ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

ceo

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @ceolardeo ,

The first software to be installed after Windows installation and before installing any other drivers, is the  Intel Chipset Device Software. This action ensures that Windows recognizes all chipset components. You may download the  Intel Chipset Device Software from the OEM site. 

Leon

0 Kudos
ceolardeo
Beginner

@LeonWaksman 

Hello. 

Thank you for the response. I have installed the chipset driver but still couldn't run the graphic driver installer, complains .Net framework is missing. Not doing anything else on the machine unless this is fixed.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ceolardeo  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. 

If I may jump into the conversation, what is the model of your graphics? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
ceolardeo
Beginner

@Jocelyn_Intel 

Hello,

Thank you for taking interest in my topic. I downloaded the .zip package instead of the .exe file and ran igxpin.exe from within and the installer showed up, finished installation without any issues.

The .exe packages needs fixing. They shouldn't have any dependencies like VB runtime and/or frameworks. Users usually install drivers before installing anything else and/or going online. A self extracting archive with a script to initiate the igxpin.exe with arguments should suffice and save lots of hassle.

Could you please forward my request the development team, if possible ? My next machine is going to be Intel too and I don't want to deal with the .zip files when it comes to the driver installers. I prefer. exe packages.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ceolardeo  

Thank you for the information provided. I am glad that you were able to install it. 

We understand your feedback and the inconvenience that may have caused you using a zip file, however, for any feedback report, we need the model of your graphics. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
ceolardeo
Beginner

@Jocelyn_Intel 

Hello again.

Here's the detailed description/specifications of the Graphic card.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/91157/intel-core-i3-6006u-processor-3m-cache-2-00-ghz.html

But it didn't happen with the driver of this model, it happened with all of the .exe's I downloaded. After speculating that issue is with the .exe archive, I downloaded other random .exe packages to check if they get unpacked or not and they returned the same error.

Anyways, thank you for the support.

Kind regards

ceo

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ceolardeo  

Thank you for the information provided.  

However, due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries or feedback for it. You may also find the Discontinued Products website, helping to address your problem.    

You can verify the Intel® HD Graphics 520 discontinuance status in the following article:  Support Options for Discontinued Intel® Graphics Products  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos