Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Can't install the "Intel Driver & Support Assistant"

Mister_Luz
Beginner

I've been having some problems with my laptop, overheating and stuff. I would like if someone could help me with this too, but this isn't the main problem. I supposed that maybe my drivers weren't up to date so i tried to intall the intel driver and support assistant. However when i tried installing it, this messages appeared 

Mister_Luz_0-1649513446466.png

And if i just press "OK", this shows up

Mister_Luz_0-1649518988173.png

If i just close it, the instalation stops

Mister_Luz_1-1649519044715.png

So what shoould i do? My computer overheats a lot (going to almost 70 degrees) and if this keeps up maybe i won't be able to use it anymore. Can someone help me please?

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Reps
Beginner

Hey there,

What version of Windows and processor are you using?

First, try to run the Uninstaller Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller

After, reboot your PC and download the latest version from here Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

Let me know if this works for you.

0 Kudos
Mister_Luz
Beginner

Hey,

Unfortunatly i just tried to run the Uninstaller, reboot my PC and download it again but it still doesn't work. Here is the information about my PC that you you requested

Mister_Luz_0-1649596280007.pngMister_Luz_1-1649596291794.png

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is odd. It looks like the installer is not putting the executable for the 2022 Visual C++ runtime libraries where expected.

If the workaround that @Reps has suggested doesn't work, you can download the installers for the runtime libraries from here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170. I suggest that you download and install both the X86 and X64 versions of these libraries.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Mister_Luz
Beginner

Hey, 

This is odd, when i tried installing the X86 version i got the same message that i get when installing the Intel Driver & Support Assistant ("The feature you are trying to use[...]"). Also, when i closed the message, this showed up

Mister_Luz_2-1649596566170.png

However i was able to install the X64 version with no problems. However i rebooted my PC and i still can't install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant (keeps showing the same "The feature you are trying to use is...")

I tried installing de X86 version after installing the X86 version but it still doesn't work. It looks like its something to tho with an older version of Microsoft Visual C++ that can't be removed? I dont have a lot of experience with this kind of stuff sorry. If you have any other idea i would be glad to hear

0 Kudos
Reps
Beginner

#1. uninstall all the Visual C++ Redistributable items in Control Panel -> uninstall or change a program;

#2. If you are blocked from installing or removing programs, please use the troubleshooter to fix it;

#3. Check your Windows update and try to update it to the latest version;

#4. Reboot your machine;

#5. Clean your %temp% folder and turn off your anti-virus software;

#6. Re-download the latest versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package and install it with Administrator privilege or you can also get the Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One from here https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/ This archive contains the latest version (Feb 2022) of all VCRedist Visual Studio C++ runtimes, installable with a single click by running the included batch file installer.

0 Kudos
Mister_Luz
Beginner

Lemme try and ill tell you

0 Kudos
Mister_Luz
Beginner

I did all you said and used the "installable with a single click" option, but after installing some versions the same message showed up:

Mister_Luz_0-1649631687174.png

It then asked for permission to install one more and then it got stuck here:

Mister_Luz_2-1649631825219.png

So i just closed it. 

Maybe something usefull, I cant open Windows Security. Every time i try, this shows up

Mister_Luz_1-1649631768399.png

Im open for any other suggestions, sorry if i can't manage to make it work.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Mister_Luz,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We appreciate all the troubleshooting steps performed already. In order to investigate about this issue, please provide the following information:

Download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Mister_Luz
Beginner

Hello,

Here is the file you told me to attach. I hope it can make you understand what is happening. Thank you for the attention you're giving to my problem

0 Kudos
Dharu2004_m
Beginner

I have face some issues in intel driver

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

We are currently working on this case, as soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Please feel free to reply if you have any concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Mister_Luz
Beginner

Ok.

I'll be waiting.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Mister_Luz,

Please try the steps in the following article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000034495/software/software-applications.html?erpm_id=1123515_ts1650040883098) and let me know if the issue persists.

Try first the method 1 and if it fails, please continue with the next one.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Mister_Luz
Beginner

Hello Steven,

I tried the methods 1 and 2 and they sadly didnt work. For the method one the same "The feature you are trying to use..." problem appeared when installing the Intel Driver and Support Assisant, and for the method 2 this showed up every time i open a Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable program

Mister_Luz_0-1650710529653.png

I didn't try the method 3 because im pretty sure that that's what @Reps told me to do on 04-10-2022. I hope you can find something else that can help me with fixing this problem and ill try to answer quickly the netx time.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Mister_Luz
Beginner

Sorry, im in a test period at highschool so i didn't really have time this past week. I'll try in like 1h because i have classes in 10 mins and ill try while im there. Thank you for supporting me, ill try to do it quickly.

Best regards 

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

We are going to keep working on this issue based on the information provided. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Mister_Luz,

After working on this case, we have determined this is not an issue with Intel® DSA. We recommend you to contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer or Microsoft to check on the Visual C++ installation. Once installed, we can check Intel® DSA if any issues.

In the meantime, we can help you to manually install the drivers you need. If you would like to do so, please run a report using our Intel® System Support Utility tool, you can download it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Before you start the scan, please make sure to select the "Everything" checkbox. Once the scan it's over, click on "Next", then click on "Save", please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Mister_Luz
Beginner

Hello, I don't really know what is the suport site for microsoft visual C++. Should i just send the question on the microsoft support site?

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos