Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21067 Discussions

Can't update drivers for Intel HD Graphics 3000 (error: 0x800f0203)

SWikl
Novice

Hi,

I have an ASRock Nettop Vision3D 252: http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=1017263 ASRock Vision 3D 252B

According to the software "Intel Processor Identification Utility", the processor is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz:

Intel(R) Processor Identification Utility

Version: 5.25.20150528

Time Stamp: 2015/08/12 20:18:32

Operating System: 6.2-9200-

Number of processors in system: 1

Current processor: # 1

Active cores per processor: 2

Disabled cores per processor: 0

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Type: 0

Family: 6

Model: 2A

Stepping: 7

Revision: 29

Maximum CPUID Level: D

L1 Instruction Cache: 2 x 32 KB

L1 Data Cache: 2 x 32 KB

L2 Cache: 2 x 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Packaging: µPGA/BGA

Enhanced Intel SpeedStep(R) Technology: Yes

MMX(TM): Yes

Intel(R) SSE: Yes

Intel(R) SSE2: Yes

Intel(R) SSE3: Yes

Intel(R) SSE4: Yes

Intel(R) AES-NI: Yes

Intel(R) AVX: Yes

Enhanced Halt State: Yes

Execute Disable Bit: Yes

Intel(R) Hyper-Threading Technology: Yes

Intel(R) 64 Architecture: Yes

Intel(R) Virtualization Technology: Yes

Intel(R) VT-x with Extended Page Tables: Yes

System Graphics: Add-in Graphics

Expected Processor Frequency: 2.50 GHz

Reported Processor Frequency: 2.99 GHz

Expected System Bus Frequency: 100 MHz

Reported System Bus Frequency: 100 MHz

I have run Windows 7 on this computer for a few years now, but the problem is that I have never been able to upgrade the Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers to a newer version than the one that was included when I first bought the computer.

Yesterday, I upgraded the computer to Windows 10 and here's an annoying thing, since Windows 10 automatically updates ALL drivers. In Windows 7 I never upgraded the Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers, since it made the computer crash. During the switch to Windows 10, the same thing happened.

The computer rebooted with the following error:

kmode_exception_not_handled igdkmd32.sys

Since I'm not that much of a newbie, I finally managed, through safe mode with network capability, to delete the updated Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers and replace them with the older version.

It's worth mentioning that I of course have downloaded the absolutely latest drivers for my processor from Intels website and tried to update the computer, but then I get the error message (kmode) above and the computer goes into a reboot loop.

Currently, I don't have any drivers for Inte HD Graphics 3000 installed. The version I believe I could install, that came with the computer, is:

Driver Revision: 15.22.2.2372.

April 20, 2011

I just don't believe I should still go with drivers from 2011... It's just, not right...

Now, I have two questions:

1. What could be the problem and how do I fix it?

2. Is there a known version that is NEWER than the one I have (from April 2011) that I can download and that should work?

I'd be happy to supply more information that could be needed to solve this.

5 Replies
BYara
Novice

latest graphics drivers are available...... click this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81502/Intel-HD-Graphics-2000-for-2nd-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors Intel® Download Center (check your processor is 2nd, 3rd , 4th generation's) & then download

SWikl
Novice

Hi again,

Thanks for answering, but I guess I wasn't clear enough - or you didn't read my full post.

Since I bought the computer, I have, as I believe, never been able to update the HD Graphics 3000 drivers. When I do, I get the "kmode"-error message.

The same goes when I try to install the latest version from Intels website.

Therefore, I have already tried installing the "15.28.24.4229 (Latest)" version of the drivers (32 bit). This was also done automatically by Windows 10 when I upgraded from Windows 7.

That's, the problem...

I mean, why can't I upgrade to the latest version? Why am I stuck with a driver from April 2011?

BYara
Novice

Hi Mushin,

There is no latest 2nd generation Intel(R) graphics driver for windows 10 OS(32bit as well as 64bit)... Intel persons yet to release that driver... Up to that we need to install latest graphics driver(somewhere released in June/Aug) which supports windows 7/8/8.1 OS.... Even I installed it in my lappy, it's working but while try to update it shows an same error...

So uninstall existing driver & install latest graphics driver(you can easily find it in download centre). Error will be there but we have to stick that driver until latest graphics driver available in intel

0 Kudos
SWikl
Novice

Well, I can't really follow your advice.

When I'm installing the latest driver, the one you mention, my computer restarts and then Windows can't boot.

What happens is that:

1. the BIOS is showing

2. then I see the Windows load icon

3. just after that, I get the bluescreen with the "kmode"-error

4. a few seconds later, the computer reboot again doing the same thing (1 - 4 above)

5. after the second reboot, Windows is smart enough to realise something is wrong and from there I need to choose Safe mode with network capabilities, so I can remove the Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers.

6. after a reboot, everything is back to normal, but only with my GeForce graphics card, and the computer feels a bit "sluggish"

That's my situation.

Just to add - I couldn't even upgrade to a later driver on Windows 7 when I ran that (just a few days ago). I got the same problem (kmode) as I get now, with Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

The problem here is that the latest drivers for this graphics controller is Windows 8. Windows 10 is not supported on this specific platform therefore there are no drivers available.

You can try installing other driver but the system will probably not work properly. Besides the graphics drivers, it is also important to check with the motherboard manufacturer if they have drivers available for Windows 10.

Kevin m

0 Kudos